Forums > Stand Up Paddle Foiling

12 sessions since starting winging on my Naish hover 142 and Infinity 99 foil.

Created by Heliboy999 Two weeks ago, 29 Jul 2020
Heliboy999
82 posts
29 Jul 2020 6:52PM
Thumbs Up

12 sessions since starting and Im totally hooked.
Take my Wind-foiling kit with me just in case I can't wing which I never thought I would be doing.

Ive progressed nicely on my Naish Hover 142 with the infinity 99 foil.
The only thing that I would say is unusual is that Ive mostly used the 15 inch Taxi mast due to our tidal shallows which I take advantage of. Ive used the 61 cm mast a couple of times and it feels no different but the landing were a bit more severe.

I my friend has used his Wizard 105 and his Horue 110 Tiny to learn and is also progressing well.

I now feel that I could do with a front strap to help with more vigorous pumping and the length is now a little too much so going to invest in a Wing board.

Loving the Echo with the bar. Tried a handled wing but after the bar it didn't feel quite right. Think if I had started with handles it may have been different.

Next goal is a fully foiling gybe, harness line and find some swells.

Heliboy999
82 posts
29 Jul 2020 6:53PM
Thumbs Up

dejavu
183 posts
29 Jul 2020 9:42PM
Thumbs Up

When I saw wing foiling I really wanted to give it a try. I have years of windsurfing experience but I had never been on a foil. I believed my ticket to winging was through wind foiling. I love wind foiling and have followed your progress with your videos.

I now have three wings -- 4m Wasp (with customized boom coming), 5m Echo and a 6m Wasp. My Moon Buddy 6' wing board should be arriving today and it is supposed to be windy so I want to give it a try. I've been using my Levitator 150 to learn -- I have a long way to go but I'm getting there. On my first day out I tried to use the wing like a windsurf sail -- big mistake. Now I use it more like a kite and as I get better I'll bring it down more like a sail once I'm up and going.

Since I started foiling I've only gone windsurfing once -- and that was after a foiling session when the wind had really come up.

I'll tune in to your "how to" videos. Keep up the good work!

Heliboy999
82 posts
30 Jul 2020 5:29AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
dejavu said..
When I saw wing foiling I really wanted to give it a try. I have years of windsurfing experience but I had never been on a foil. I believed my ticket to winging was through wind foiling. I love wind foiling and have followed your progress with your videos.

I now have three wings -- 4m Wasp (with customized boom coming), 5m Echo and a 6m Wasp. My Moon Buddy 6' wing board should be arriving today and it is supposed to be windy so I want to give it a try. I've been using my Levitator 150 to learn -- I have a long way to go but I'm getting there. On my first day out I tried to use the wing like a windsurf sail -- big mistake. Now I use it more like a kite and as I get better I'll bring it down more like a sail once I'm up and going.

Since I started foiling I've only gone windsurfing once -- and that was after a foiling session when the wind had really come up.

I'll tune in to your "how to" videos. Keep up the good work!

Its amazing isn't it! So many more days on the water than I ever got windsurfing.

Will get on with the how to video asap

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle Foiling

"12 sessions since starting winging on my Naish hover 142 and Infinity 99 foil." started by Heliboy999