Forums > Stand Up Paddle Foiling

2019 Slingshot Hover Glide FSUP Foil vs H4 wing

Created by Seajuice Two weeks ago, 27 Oct 2018
Seajuice
NSW, 233 posts
27 Oct 2018 7:47PM
Thumbs Up

Hey guys. Just wondering if anyone has ridden the 2019 Slingshot Hover Glide FSUP Foil 84 or 76 models & compared it to the H4 Wing. I am hoping it will fit the original fuselarge & hoping I won't have to buy the tail wing. Also hoping for better side to side stability than the H4 wing. I was told that the 76 wing would be the pick for an average weight person & a board up to 8ft.
And also will it fit the original fuselarge?

juandesooka
153 posts
28 Oct 2018 12:10PM
Thumbs Up

I am no pro, just started experimenting with SS gear. I've ridden H4 once behind the boat and once on kite, not yet in the surf. It was unexpectedly unstable first try, found it quite fun under the kite, so turney, but unsure if I'd like that lack of stability at this point in my sup foil progression. H2 was super smooth both behind boat and kiting, used it first time in surf 2 days ago, a little slower to lift than my takuma, but so lively and steady and smooth. That one's a winner, but I think it may require a little more oomph in the surf to get going ... so maybe it's the choice for slightly bigger, better waves.

I have a friend who has the Infinity 76, seems like this is the best option for smaller waves but with some upside for speed and glide and pumping. That's the one I am looking out for!

SS says that all the wings and fuselages are compatible back to 2017.

Seajuice
NSW, 233 posts
28 Oct 2018 9:31PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Juandesooka for your reply. You have answered my question for my decision to go for the 76 Infinity as it sounds to be more stable than the H4 & better lift than the H2.
The H4 seemed to be more stable on bigger higher speed waves. Probably due to higher speed pushing out the twitchyness.

Hover62
15 posts
28 Oct 2018 8:37PM
Thumbs Up

I have the H4 and both the Infinity 76 and 84. I have not surfed any of them. I kited the H4 and the 76 and windfoiled the 84. The 76 has been way more lift than the H4 and I find it more stable side to side while kiting. I use it in lighter wind so I am not sure but it seems as fast or faster thank the H4. All the parts are interchangeable and I use the smaller stabilizer with the 76.

baldy123
WA, 18 posts
28 Oct 2018 9:01PM
Thumbs Up

Seajuice,

I have the SS infinity 84 FSup and older H2.

The 84 works great for me on the Sup in waves, I weight in around 85kg.
I've had it out in a mix of 1ft to 5ft waves and found it handles heaps of speed and can be pumped.
The 76 is aimed at prone surfing and lighter riders, and is also now the stock 2019 windfoil front wing.

juandesooka
153 posts
29 Oct 2018 10:10AM
Thumbs Up

Stoked to try one of those infinity wings, 76 or 84. Is this sup foiling fun or what!

Also stoked to use the H4 more under the kite. More time on the water, more fun, Fun, FUN.

Seajuice
NSW, 233 posts
30 Oct 2018 6:59PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks baldy123. that's just the information I needed. I would be happy to get a wing with fairly easy lift in 1 foot waves as well as 5ft waves with good stability. I was starting to decide more towards the 84 wing for the more suttle fuller waves & use the H4 for the more steeper & general surf. Plus use the H4 for balance training. I have yet to find the sweet spot position on the board for the H4. I put it all the way forward for the first time ever in my last surf session & found myself up & running easily & balance was quite surprising that I had enough time on the flat water to muck around with turning & pumping. Lol! But then after about an hour I started to lose the balance etc & maybe got back to old habits or just a bit of fatigue setting in.
Anyway. So far I want to buy the wing. But wondering if the standard H4 tail wing would be OK for it.
Also would the standard fuselarge be ok where the mast will fit through the wing? In other words, I just want to buy the wing only & fit it to my standard H4 set up. The difference in cost getting a switch fuse plus tail wing & screws nearly doubles the cost!

baldy123
WA, 18 posts
30 Oct 2018 7:41PM
Thumbs Up

I've used the infinity 84 now with both rear wings.

Smaller rear wing works perfectly fine and probably faster. This is all I had to begin with as I only purchased the new 2019 front wing to go on my 2018 H2 setup.

I've just got the larger 48cm rear wing, have now used a couple of times. It does seems to work better for pumping between flat spots when on the wave. But i'd Probably stick to the small rear wing in the surf in the future unless it's really small waves.

Seajuice
NSW, 233 posts
31 Oct 2018 3:11PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks baldy123. Much appreciated. I think SS said 2019 rear wing helps keeping in contact with water on turns with the down turned tips.

baldy123
WA, 18 posts
2 Nov 2018 2:28PM
Thumbs Up

Heres a pic of SS infinity 84 versus GoFoil IWA, M200 and M280

AlexF
135 posts
5 Nov 2018 2:45AM
Thumbs Up

Which fuse do you use in the SS on the pic?
Has it a switch option or only the 2019 "A" and "B" marked positions i got on my 2019 FSURF fuse?
Alex

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle Foiling

"2019 Slingshot Hover Glide FSUP Foil vs H4 wing" started by Seajuice