Forums > Stand Up Paddle Foiling

Armstrong FG 5'11", 115L riders

Created by Windoc > 9 months ago, 14 Sep 2021
Windoc
376 posts
14 Sep 2021 7:36AM
Thumbs Up

Hey all, I'm 6'5' 90 kgs plus 5mm suit and am looking at the Armstrong 5.11, 115L for SUP foiling (I have smaller boards for wing foiling). I'm coming from the Sunova Aviator 6.4, 115L but find the boxes way too far back for my Armstrong mast placement. It was fine for learning, but I want more reactivity now. Any reviews from the 90kg and over crowd? Paddling stability/handling, etc? Thanks in advance!

Supmaori
746 posts
16 Sep 2021 11:17AM
Thumbs Up

Hey man..good timing..mine just landed this week and had my first session on the FG 5'11 yesterday. I'm 6ft 96kgs came from the Naish hover 6'4 x 125L and Smik 6'6 slab x 106L.
Was frothing before I got it wet and after.. this board is straight fire.
First impressions - stability..very stable ( conditions were far from ideal,alot of side chop and onshore wind) no problem standing waiting
Paddling out back was as expected , paddling on to the wave, as good if not better that my 6'4 Naish. Recessed deck made you feel way more engaged with foil.
Turns are tight..way less swing weight and feels and rides alot shorter than it is.
I had my mast (Armie 85cm) at setting #4 in tracks felt good but not 100% sure it was in the sweet spot yet. Might try an inch either way. Pumping felt different too but it would dropping length and volume.
I was on the 1550 wing /300 tail..might try the 232 after a couple of sessions.
IMO this board( for me anyway) is a game changer and get wait to get it dial in properly. Mainly got it for sup foiling but will use it for the wing ding too.
Be interest to see whete other put their mast at.
Hope that helps
Chur

Windoc
376 posts
17 Sep 2021 8:46AM
Thumbs Up

Many thanks, Supmaori! I was also looking at the 99L version too but was unsure of the stability/paddling behaviour. Sounds like you're stoked!

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle Foiling

"Armstrong FG 5'11", 115L riders" started by Windoc