Forums > Stand Up Paddle Foiling

Axis 910 anyone?

Created by Holoholo A week ago, 28 Jun 2020
Holoholo
69 posts
28 Jun 2020 9:42AM
Thumbs Up

Has anyone had a chance to try the new Axis 910 HA wing? Am looking at it for prone in the surf and also considering the 1150 for entry into wind-winging.

container
18 posts
29 Jun 2020 2:59AM
Thumbs Up

Ive tried it once on a little downwinder. As you would expect its fast and turns very easily but i found it lacked basically all of the low end lift you need when downwinding in sub 20kts, and with the 370 (?) Tail there was a noticeable lack of drive in the pumps. usually i can overtake the wave in front by pumping at speed but i found the 910/370 just didnt have the grunt to climb up the back of a wave.
910 would be great in mid size surf, just watch the tips they have minimal washout and very high surface loading = love sucking in air given half the chance.

1150 is the perfect large winging wing, very low take off speed (i can flat water start it on the sup) but still has a respectable top end and doesnt mind slipping a tip out every now and then

Holoholo
69 posts
29 Jun 2020 3:26AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks container- good feedback.

Yeah- we rarely get the wind in my locale to consider the 910 for downwind- think the 1150 would be my go to for that and most days winging. I'd be looking to use 910 to surf prone probably short fuse and 390 stab. I surf a 900 most days now but...... the glide and pump ability of the 910 is appealing and sounds as if it turns as well although I assume a different feel. The 1050 seems pretty wide for prone surf.

Honestly- I'm probably throwing hard earned cash at my mediocre pump game, hoping for a miracle cure.

frenchfoiler
156 posts
29 Jun 2020 4:16AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Holoholo said..
Has anyone had a chance to try the new Axis 910 HA wing? Am looking at it for prone in the surf and also considering the 1150 for entry into wind-winging.

I have the 910 and I'm used to the 900/370/

I think the 910 has more lift and is better at low speed than the 900 but it is not as fast on the top speed.
Depends on your size, but if you struggle with the 900 i thnink the 910 will be easier for sure.

Acutally the 1010 is interesting in small surf for bigger guy, it turns good for such a big wing.

flkiter
57 posts
29 Jun 2020 4:37AM
Thumbs Up

Try the 340 rear, way better than the 370 on the 910 and 1010. The anheadral tail kills the forward pump distance. I felt with the 370, it was too draggy and didn't let me kick into high gear.

Holoholo
69 posts
29 Jun 2020 5:02AM
Thumbs Up

I'm 90 kg and am looking for a waist to chest high mushy wave daily driver.

Hmmmmmmm... If the 1010 worked in surfl I'd be stoked as I assume I could use for pretty light wind wing foiling too?

Typical mushy days w/ the 900 are fun- I can generate speed w/ turns, but only pump out the back if I drop in and immediately cut out with really good speed, but I am even inconsistent w/ that. If I continue to surf the inside at all- I lose speed and drop sometime before 50 ft. on the way out. Maybe I need to jam the mast all the way forward and figure out the sketchy drops in order to pump better. Was kind of holding out hoping a 960 dihedral wing would show up to be my prone surf daily driver but not sure we'll see those anytime soon.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle Foiling

"Axis 910 anyone?" started by Holoholo