Forums > Stand Up Paddle Foiling

Moses 633 for wing foiling?

Created by Abdillam > 9 months ago, 24 Apr 2020
Abdillam
VIC, 226 posts
24 Apr 2020 8:33PM
Thumbs Up

Guys my first front wing was the Moses 633 and I never really got to use it... few failed attempts to surf foil it before the whole wind wing thing started.
Now loving the 1100 and occasionally go back to the 873. All with a 5m Duotone and Wavechaser 165SFX board. I'm 80kgs.

Been tempted to throw on the 633 and give it a go wing foiling when the wind is really up, but keep opting out and sticking with the bigger wings.

Has anyone wing foiled with the Moses 633? And what's been your experience if you have. I know kiters have used it but interested in thoughts from wing foilers...

Cheers

warwickl
NSW, 2174 posts
24 Apr 2020 9:13PM
Thumbs Up

Nice collection and U have, I have similar.
The 873 and 1100 need the new stiffer masts or an aluminum mast either the Moses or Slingshot with an adapter.
The 1100 for wing and SUP foiling is by a long way my favorite.
For kite foiling my 683 is best but in super light breeze the 790 is best.

Dspace
VIC, 286 posts
25 Apr 2020 8:21PM
Thumbs Up

Those foils look entirely too new and shiny. They need some battle scars! My 633 is strictly for kite foiling. I'd never consider it for winging. The 790 is the smallest I use for wing foiling. I also have a Gong XL pro that I thought I would get rid of once I had the Moses quiver. Despite being heavy the Gong has proved to be an awesome all round easy to use foil. Just learned those harder heelside to toeside tacks and 360's on the Gong. So I'm hanging onto the Gong and slowly growing into the Moses foils. For example, the 790 has great top end and is very carvy, but if I lose a lot of speed during a transition, it stalls quickly. The XL pro gives up a little top end but gains so much in the low end, which is a big help for me doing new transitions. The 1100 is my go to light wind foil. I'm 78 kg.

FWIW I have the Moses 82cm surf mast and 71 cm kite mast. The 71cm is a wee bit flexy with the big front wings, but livable in flat water conditions. At some point I'd like to get the stiffer 72cm mast. Should also mention that the 633\450 Moses combo has such low end for kitefoiling, I've never been tempted to use the 790 with my kite, at least at my weight. At the moment the 790 is my orphan foil!

Abdillam
VIC, 226 posts
25 Apr 2020 9:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Dspace said..
Those foils look entirely too new and shiny. They need some battle scars! My 633 is strictly for kite foiling. I'd never consider it for winging. The 790 is the smallest I use for wing foiling. I also have a Gong XL pro that I thought I would get rid of once I had the Moses quiver. Despite being heavy the Gong has proved to be an awesome all round easy to use foil. Just learned those harder heelside to toeside tacks and 360's on the Gong. So I'm hanging onto the Gong and slowly growing into the Moses foils. For example, the 790 has great top end and is very carvy, but if I lose a lot of speed during a transition, it stalls quickly. The XL pro gives up a little top end but gains so much in the low end, which is a big help for me doing new transitions. The 1100 is my go to light wind foil. I'm 78 kg.

FWIW I have the Moses 82cm surf mast and 71 cm kite mast. The 71cm is a wee bit flexy with the big front wings, but livable in flat water conditions. At some point I'd like to get the stiffer 72cm mast. Should also mention that the 633\450 Moses combo has such low end for kitefoiling, I've never been tempted to use the 790 with my kite, at least at my weight. At the moment the 790 is my orphan foil!

Cheers mate... the 633 has only been in the water a few times but since that pic was taken both the 873 and 1100 are sporting a few scars. Yeah I've been tempted to get 633 out but just don't have the confidence it'll have enough lift. 1100 is definitely my favorite

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle Foiling

"Moses 633 for wing foiling?" started by Abdillam