Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

12' Surftech Bark Excursion - Beginner surf

Created by Mpasseri > 9 months ago, 26 Jun 2015
Mpasseri
20 posts
26 Jun 2015 9:21AM
Thumbs Up

Found very little information about thia board onlie. Does anuone know/tested it ?
They advertise it as an all around board, including small waves. I would like to know how does it handle in the surf, I wonder if it would be a nice board for a heavy (100kgs/ 220pounds) relatively out of shape guy to begin sup surfing (never surfed before) and also use it for some races. I have tried a 10'1" surftech Caddi but it felt too small for me. I consider myself to be an intermediate level SUP paddler.
Recomendations are welcome, but If they could be inside the surftech line I would appreciate it, since it is widely available where I live. Since the Caddi is around 156l I would like to consider a 190/200l

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
26 Jun 2015 6:01PM
Thumbs Up

If you can get a Surftech Laird 11 footer then that would be a consideration. Surfs well and paddles flat water well also. Another would be the 11 ft Laguna Bay or 11'2 Lopez Big Darlin.

tha dogman
NSW, 2912 posts
26 Jun 2015 7:11PM
Thumbs Up

I loved the big 12' bark

Such a nice flowing board in small waves but looks like a big wave looking gun shape

Another board to try is the 11'6 Horizon Surftech. Big volume with aggressive rails n tail

Happy hunting

Mpasseri
20 posts
26 Jun 2015 11:04PM
Thumbs Up

Dogman,
I am in doubt between the bark 12' and the horizon. I have also consideres the 10' lopez surf music. For learning to surf the bark would not be too big ? I am leaning towards it, but am afraid it might be too long.
My main issue with the horizon is not a technical one. The one we have available here is the 2014 11'6, in green. I think it is too ugly !

Mpasseri
20 posts
27 Jun 2015 1:11AM
Thumbs Up

My heart says buy the excursion but my head says to by the 11'6" horizon...

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"12' Surftech Bark Excursion - Beginner surf" started by Mpasseri