Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

2015 SIC Recon 11'11"

Created by munozsurfer > 9 months ago, 4 Aug 2015
munozsurfer
1 posts
4 Aug 2015 2:38AM
Thumbs Up

Does anyone have a review on the 2015 SIC RECON 11'11.

I'm 275 lbs and am looking for a board that will challenge my fitness level in flat water but not too unstable if I take it out in small surf.

32 wide is too easy for me on any board over 10'.

I tried this board for about 1 minute in a harbor and really liked the glide but am unsure about how it would take to open ocean and surf.

Loved the SIC handle.

excav8ter
536 posts
4 Aug 2015 11:49AM
Thumbs Up

I too would like to hear peoples thoughts on the 11'11" Recon. I just ordered one. But have never been on one. I am 6'4" and about 225lbs. Going use it to catch some waves when i can, and probably let my 15 year old daughter use it on flat water paddles.

DavidJohn
VIC, 17408 posts
4 Aug 2015 2:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
munozsurfer said..

32 wide is too easy for me on any board over 10'.

IMO... there's no such thing as too easy..

I'd love to buy the new Naish Glide Touring board that's 11'x33''

I'm 6'4'' and 95kg [210lbs]

towball
4627 posts
29 Aug 2015 2:29PM
Thumbs Up

While away on a road trip I brought the 11 11 ,after a lot of thought about the 11 4 . I couldn't find any one that had surfed 11 11 but when the guy dropped a couple of hundred bucks off the 11 11 I went with it . So an hour later I was in the water paddling out to a river mouth with some small peaks breaking , first thing that impressed was paddle speed also it turn real easy even if your weight wasn't right back . I had a heap of fun catching the small waves . Next day I did a river paddle which is sort of why I brought it . Day 3 head toward home I surfed a crappy 1ft beach break board went ok wasn't that great but no board would have been . So this morning supposed to be 14sec swell at the pipe off I go nice and early , out I paddle overhead sets IE can't see over the sets . Number one paddles through waves like a dream I didn't get wet till after surfing the third wave ( a bit of luck maybe ) tide was high so they were a bit fat but still some exciting bits . So as you would expect the board didn't set the world on fire , but it behaved well paddle in super early turned down the line cut backs it did it not too bad . Maybe not every bodies cup of tea , I was pretty comfortable out there . So the swell in supposed to increase a bit I'll give it another run tomorrow.

surfinJ
663 posts
29 Aug 2015 2:33PM
Thumbs Up

Unless you have the pro carbon model stay away from anything above knee high. The shape was fine, surfed fine, but...

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"2015 SIC Recon 11'11"" started by munozsurfer