Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

2015 SIC X14 Pro - 14' 0", 26 inches

Created by SteveByrne > 9 months ago, 5 May 2016
SteveByrne
NSW, 21 posts
5 May 2016 1:25PM
Thumbs Up

Hi all I am looking at buying a race board that is also a decent Downwinder does any one have any feedback on the

2015 SIC X14 Pro - 14' 0" 26 inches i am about 83 kgs.

Cheers

Helmy
VIC, 796 posts
5 May 2016 2:51PM
Thumbs Up

Great board.
Flat rocker, low foredeck, the usual high quality SIC product. Great flat water board.
But as a downwind board?
Noooooooo...

You need a SIC Bullet

Area10
1508 posts
5 May 2016 1:34PM
Thumbs Up

In the SIC range, the FX is the all-conditions race board. In other words, fast for racing in typical race conditions but also downwindable.

The X14 range is aimed at flat water and mild chop racing only, mainly.

Somebody will be along soon to recommend the Naish Javelin, NSP ocean, or Starboard All Star boards...

Whassup
NSW, 84 posts
5 May 2016 7:44PM
Thumbs Up

I have a JP Race 14. In the 26 wide. I am surprised how stable it is for a relative newbie. It is so fast to paddle and on the tail is super stable and responsive. Catches little runners easy. The V forward is not so stable however.

They do a downwind race board which I imagine would be soooooper for what you are after.

Carvers
132 posts
9 May 2016 2:27AM
Thumbs Up

Naish Javelin 2016, best flatwater downwind compromise.

Themoke
QLD, 50 posts
10 May 2016 1:10PM
Thumbs Up

I have the SIC FX And I love it. Great in the flat, awesome upwind & I have no problems DW it either. If you want an all round board that will go Flat to Chop/DW then in my very humble opinion then this is it!

gregc
VIC, 1298 posts
10 May 2016 7:12PM
Thumbs Up

I have the X-14 Pro in Carbon and it blows my freaking mind. I was on a 14 x 25 Starby Race which is a fast board on flat water and I thought that I would struggle to have the same speed on the X-14, I was wrong. I am significantly faster on the X-14 in flatwater. I also, about 20 mins after buying it got to do the sydney SUP festival downwinder on the Pittwater, now to be fair the chop wasnt big and a few people sort of looked at me as I paddled out. One bloke even offered me another board but I thought it would go alright. It was a bump finding machine (I dont really DW too much here in Canberra) as you can imagine my skills are not great but the board was stable, and when it picked up some chop and I stepped to the back the bloody thing took off.

I was so stoked with the SIC board that I ended up going out and buying a 12'6 bullet just for ****s and giggles. I cannot speak highly enough of how good a board it is.

Rideordie
159 posts
10 May 2016 7:47PM
Thumbs Up

I owned an X14 Pro and loved it for flats but wanted a more all water capable board. I traded it for the FX 14 Pro and I am loving it!! I find it equally as fast or faster than the X14 and much more comfortable to paddle and more stable. Faster downwind and handles better all around. If money is no object then look at the 14 x 25 Allstar as well.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"2015 SIC X14 Pro - 14' 0", 26 inches" started by SteveByrne