Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

2018 ECS Slab 7'11" x 28 3/4

Created by JEG > 9 months ago, 24 Sep 2018
JEG
VIC, 1469 posts
24 Sep 2018 3:51PM
Thumbs Up

80kg 5'5" beginner to intermediate and I can't do cut back yet ;)

good package as it came with full carbon paddle and nice bag.

for a short board 7'11" x 28 3/4 it paddles well in/out of surf with parallel outline, wide nose & tail.
Its hard work on rough days but manageable.

I like thruster setup though quad setup somehow grippy and fast down the line.

its a nice design board and surfs well for a hack like me its shame about the board construction and material as I feel its poorly made.

Hoppo3228
VIC, 736 posts
24 Sep 2018 7:48PM
Thumbs Up

what makes you think it's poorly made?

I've got a carbon wideboy and cannot fault it... If anything the finish is better than most of the other brand name boards i've had. If it's the carbon weave on the bottom, looking at any board made with that construction method - they all look the same. Not a perfect finish, but are strong and surf well. Note; Deep, Surefire, Infinity, OneSup among many others make boards like this.

Langers
VIC, 75 posts
24 Sep 2018 8:58PM
Thumbs Up

I agree with Hoppo I cannot fault my Noserider ECS . Awesome construction and a great board . The slab looks great .

Gboots
NSW, 1314 posts
25 Sep 2018 1:24PM
Thumbs Up

Goretex vent ?

Garethg
NSW, 406 posts
25 Sep 2018 1:44PM
Thumbs Up

I have ridden many boards and the ECS Slab is one of the best.....

wallie2444
NSW, 37 posts
25 Sep 2018 9:56PM
Thumbs Up

I agree somewhat that the construction on my ecs board isn't great. I have had an area delaminate.
The tail fibreglass crack very easily and when nose riding I can feel the squishiness under my feet. The ecs board bag zipper broke. The supplied ecs paddle glue gave out after a month or so. All this happened within 3 months. 3 items supplied all have problems. But at $1500 I guess you get what you pay for.

pohaku
NSW, 833 posts
26 Sep 2018 7:40AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Gboots said..
Goretex vent ?

Yep, all our SUPs come with the goretex valve.

pohaku
NSW, 833 posts
26 Sep 2018 7:48AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
wallie2444 said..
I agree somewhat that the construction on my ecs board isn't great. I have had an area delaminate.
The tail fibreglass crack very easily and when nose riding I can feel the squishiness under my feet. The ecs board bag zipper broke. The supplied ecs paddle glue gave out after a month or so. All this happened within 3 months. 3 items supplied all have problems. But at $1500 I guess you get what you pay for.

Hey mate, what board did you buy, where from and when? A lot of R&D goes into our shapes and construction. I'v personally and with all my customers never had a fault with the Vflex Slab or Turbo, i'v traveled over seas many times and no problem there.With delams.. any board can delam if not treated right, if you leave them in the sun or excessive heat for periods of time epoxy foam starts to melt releasing a gas, if that gas has no where to go it will lift the glass, bamboo whatever.As for the zipper that kinda sucks, but was it seized up with salt?One last thing, with all these "issues" did you ever go back to where you got it for advice? here to help mate.- Dyl
ECS Brand Manager

wallie2444
NSW, 37 posts
2 Oct 2018 2:12PM
Thumbs Up

Hey buddy thanks for the reply. It was an 11'2 Evo. Didn't go back to the supplier as I presumed it was a get what you pay for thing. Considering the whole set up was $1550 ( excellent value )compared to my new set up at nearly 3 grand.
The only issue that still bothers me is the bag not zipping up as I wasn't expecting to replace it within 6 months.
I will give my supplier a ring now.
Cheers.

pohaku
NSW, 833 posts
2 Oct 2018 9:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Twallie2444 said..
Hey buddy thanks for the reply. It was an 11'2 Evo. Didn't go back to the supplier as I presumed it was a get what you pay for thing. Considering the whole set up was $1550 ( excellent value )compared to my new set up at nearly 3 grand.
The only issue that still bothers me is the bag not zipping up as I wasn't expecting to replace it within 6 months.
I will give my supplier a ring now.
Cheers.

Yeah mate that's a completely different construction to the vflex that this slab is.

With ecs you get performance, quality & value. We would be one of the leaders of SUP in aus and the world. I personally back the product 100%. Some may believe that 3k is the answer.. maybe???

Mate, give me a bell and explain your exact situation.

Cheers

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"2018 ECS Slab 7'11" x 28 3/4" started by JEG