Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

2020 Fanatic Style master

Created by frosty1962 > 9 months ago, 18 May 2020
frosty1962
SA, 35 posts
18 May 2020 8:04PM
Thumbs Up

Disappointed with the quality of the new Stylemaster,haven't had it long and found 2 fair size dents where I stand and I'm a light weight.Have had 4 prowaves and various other brand SUPs with no issues,the style master is pretty flimsy,dents and scuffs easily.Was considering buying a new Prowave but this has put me off.You would think for the price the quality would be right up there but looks like it's gone out the window.Have contacted Fanatic and Ocean Addicts with no reply as yet.Has anyone else had the same issue?

justaddwater
NSW, 678 posts
18 May 2020 9:00PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
frosty1962 said..
Disappointed with the quality of the new Stylemaster,haven't had it long and found 2 fair size dents where I stand and I'm a light weight.Have had 4 prowaves and various other brand SUPs with no issues,the style master is pretty flimsy,dents and scuffs easily.Was considering buying a new Prowave but this has put me off.You would think for the price the quality would be right up there but looks like it's gone out the window.Have contacted Fanatic and Ocean Addicts with no reply as yet.Has anyone else had the same issue?

Frosty, I demoed one and it had the same problem,sales person said it happens if you knee paddle !!! Just another big brand letdown ,it's why I stick with Jimmy Lewis,not one problem with 8 boards over the years.

frosty1962
SA, 35 posts
18 May 2020 9:26PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah I also have a JL stun gun,an Infinity Bline and Naish Nalu no quality issues there, thought Fanatic was right up there but once bitten twice shy

frosty1962
SA, 35 posts
19 May 2020 2:39PM
Thumbs Up

Just rang Ocean Addicts and they were great,they are aware that it's an issue and have got onto Fanatic.I guess I should have rang first as have always had good dealings with Ocean Addicts over the years and highly recommend them

margeaux
QLD, 59 posts
19 May 2020 3:25PM
Thumbs Up

Same here anything that I have purchased that comes out of the kinetic factory over the years has been spot on , no issues whatsoever

margeaux
QLD, 59 posts
19 May 2020 3:25PM
Thumbs Up

Same here anything that I have purchased that comes out of the kinetic factory over the years has been spot on , no issues whatsoever

DCeeSup
VIC, 25 posts
27 May 2020 9:06PM
Thumbs Up

I had my 2019 replaced under warranty, had to push hard to get it replaced. Purchased the 2020 as they looked to have changed the design and increased the weight. The 2020 has done the same thing. Its a shame as the shape and the performance is spot on, just the build quality is average at best.
How did you get on with a response from Fanatic.?

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"2020 Fanatic Style master" started by frosty1962