Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

2021 Starboard Longboard 10x31 @

Created by DCeeSup > 9 months ago, 27 Sep 2020
DCeeSup
VIC, 25 posts
27 Sep 2020 7:07PM
Thumbs Up

Any one supping the 2020 29 inch model and can offer any feedback on the durability and surfability, I currently have the Smik Stylelord 10x30 and just sold the Fanatic 10x30.5 Stylemaster Really interested in the new Starboard in the starlite construction. Im 95 kegs on a good day!

johndg
WA, 206 posts
28 Sep 2020 9:42AM
Thumbs Up

I have not tried the Starboard but all the reviews I have seen really rate it. I do like this style of board and would be interested in any feedback. Last Starboard I had was an 8'3" Pro and I wasn't super happy with it.

Have owned a Stylemaster, which I loved and had some rides on a Stylelord. I now have a Sunova Revolution. This board is in my opinion much better than the Stylemaster. It noserides better than any board l have tried, has speed and can turn hard. Have a look at the Revolution while you are making your decision. Good luck. You can order a custom too!

grumpycat
QLD, 21 posts
28 Sep 2020 1:44PM
Thumbs Up

Have the 2020 x29, great board, definitely performs. Im not a traditional longboard surfer but i really enjoy it. Super tough construction got a bit of weight to it but not too bad

DCeeSup
VIC, 25 posts
28 Sep 2020 6:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
johndg said..
I have not tried the Starboard but all the reviews I have seen really rate it. I do like this style of board and would be interested in any feedback. Last Starboard I had was an 8'3" Pro and I wasn't super happy with it.

Have owned a Stylemaster, which I loved and had some rides on a Stylelord. I now have a Sunova Revolution. This board is in my opinion much better than the Stylemaster. It noserides better than any board l have tried, has speed and can turn hard. Have a look at the Revolution while you are making your decision. Good luck. You can order a custom too!

Thanks Bud, appreciate the heads up. Have tried a few Sunova's and have never really gelled with them, love the construction but not the price, but will have a look.

johndg
WA, 206 posts
29 Sep 2020 7:52AM
Thumbs Up

I see Surffx have a 10 by 29 for sale.

DCeeSup
VIC, 25 posts
12 Nov 2020 7:08PM
Thumbs Up

Just ordered the new Starboard longboard 2021 model. They have been out for a few weeks now.......anyone supping then yet....... any feedback? I ordered the 10x31, I prefer the extra width and volume.

saltyjack
11 posts
14 Nov 2020 12:05PM
Thumbs Up

Yep the new model 2021 29" 10' from Pauly at suncoast board sports build quality is exellent only surfed a few times so far ....im dropping 5"width and about 40 liters from a PSH hull ripper which is my go too board it was a bit challenging at first on lateral stability when stationary and slow but surfs very well like a performance long board i prone surf a mctavish fire ball and it rips and nose rides just like it.. the extra width and liters ??? depends on skill level and how heavy you are im 68years old and have allways surfed i'm generally hovering in the mid to high eightys kegs most of the time and the 123ltrs floats me no worries ,hope this helps

DCeeSup
VIC, 25 posts
15 Nov 2020 7:03PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks bud, I have just sold the Smik Style Lord and have the Smik Twin Fin 10x 30 and the Starboard 10 x 31 on order. Cant wait to compare them side by side. Really interested to see how the Starboard surfs as I have never owned one. Im 95kegs on good day and like the increased litres of both boards offer. It will be an interesting season.

CaptainJimbo
160 posts
16 Nov 2020 6:16AM
Thumbs Up

DCee, just interested in why you got rid of the Stylelord. All reviews really rate it. Was it a quality issue or something else?
Cheers, Jimbo.

DCeeSup
VIC, 25 posts
16 Nov 2020 7:01PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Jimbo, quality of the Smiks are spot on. One of the most durable boards out there. I had the 2020 Fanatic Stylemaster (and the 2019), the 2020 had a touch more volume at 148l. I prefer a few more litres than the 135L Style Lord or the 2019 Stylemaster. The Smik Twin fin longboard at 10 x 30 is in the 140's so I thought I would give it a crack along with the new Starboard. I would highly recommend the Smik build quality.

CaptainJimbo
160 posts
17 Nov 2020 5:20AM
Thumbs Up

DCee, thanks for that. Cheers, Jimbo

JonathanC
VIC, 1020 posts
18 Nov 2020 9:31AM
Thumbs Up

I've had the 9 x 28 Starboard blue carbon longboard for a couple of years and just got the 2021 10 x 29 Starlite as well. Love the new Starlite graphics with the timber on the deck. For me as a light weight 64kg the 10 footer is a great all round board, works as a flat water cruiser as well as super easy and fun small wave board. Love getting it on and off the roof for a flat water cruise after a decade of 12'6 and 14 footers!

What has actually surprised me is how good it is in really windy lumpy surf conditions. Partially the extra length and maybe even the tad more weight of the Starlite but I think what really makes the difference is the 3.3" thickness (or thinness!) and how much those fine rails keep it in the water and dramatically improve the stability.

I'm a Starboard ambassador and get new boards every year so perhaps become slightly jaded about new gear. Honestly, I'm more excited about my new Starlite 10 footer than I have been about any new board for a long time.

Realise this is slightly off topic because I'm not talking about the 31 wide board but can only imagine that my experience translates for heavier or less experienced riders. Think the rail being under water and the extra stability that provides is often overlooked and IMO makes a huge difference to how much you enjoy the board.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"2021 Starboard Longboard 10x31 @" started by DCeeSup