Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Adjustable paddles - Naish v Fanatic

Created by billboard > 9 months ago, 16 Aug 2016
billboard
VIC, 2814 posts
16 Aug 2016 6:13PM
Thumbs Up

Hi all - anyone able to give me their comparison/thoughts on Naish Hele v Fanatic 35 adjustable please.

DavidJohn
VIC, 17408 posts
16 Aug 2016 6:35PM
Thumbs Up

The Fanatic paddles are very good but I think Naish might have an edge over it because Naish adjustable paddles have the ridge on the shaft that keeps the handle lined up with the blade when adjusting.. I might be wrong but someone here from a shop should know for sure.. btw yesterday I checked out the new 2017 Naish paddles and uped the anty quite a bit.. They look awesome..

This is the 2016 vid.. Looking forward to the new vid..

slugga
VIC, 172 posts
16 Aug 2016 7:08PM
Thumbs Up

I used a naish adjustable for a year and loved it they have great flex and no handle twist at all but one thing that will happen is they fill with water and that annoyed the crap out of me.. I still have one but now am on a fixed quick blade and love it

robdog
VIC, 611 posts
16 Aug 2016 8:18PM
Thumbs Up

Slugga
Where did you get the qb?

DavidJohn
VIC, 17408 posts
16 Aug 2016 8:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
robdog said...
Slugga
Where did you get the qb?

SHQ sell them (qb)

slugga
VIC, 172 posts
16 Aug 2016 9:01PM
Thumbs Up

Shq have a great selection either sandringham or go see Kyle at rosebud he sorted mine out. Really like it super strong I'm a paddle breaker been through the several naish fixed and adjustable and a Jp fixed so upped to a quick blade

BrisKites
QLD, 1286 posts
16 Aug 2016 9:27PM
Thumbs Up

Both are proven paddles with us this year. No failures from either.
Roughly the same weight and flex.
I would suggest making your decision based on blade size with the Naish being a fair bit larger than the Fanatic.

JBFletch
QLD, 1287 posts
16 Aug 2016 10:03PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
DavidJohn said..
The Fanatic paddles are very good but I think Naish might have an edge over it because Naish adjustable paddles have the ridge on the shaft that keeps the handle lined up with the blade when adjusting.. I might be wrong but someone here from a shop should know for sure.. btw yesterday I checked out the new 2017 Naish paddles and uped the anty quite a bit.. They look awesome..

The new range of higher end FANATIC paddles (carbon 80 and 100) now have round shafts with a flat side, to make sure they shaft doesn't spin. Nice and smooth to hold and easy to adjust.
We have also dropped the blade sizes.
7.25" and 6.75".

Try swinging past your local store and comparing your options.

BrisKites
QLD, 1286 posts
16 Aug 2016 10:08PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
JBFletch said..

DavidJohn said..

The new range of higher end FANATIC paddles (carbon 80 and 100) now have round shafts with a flat side, to make sure they shaft doesn't spin. Nice and smooth to hold and easy to adjust.
7.25" and 6.75".

Except we don't have the 2017 models yet

Carvers
132 posts
17 Aug 2016 2:12AM
Thumbs Up

I love the adjustability of the Kialoa adjustable paddles, absolutely no water in it, very easy to adjust (not with pins but with an own adjustmentsystem in the knob, so no fixed pins, adjustment scale on the paddle), very nice handle.

burleighlocal
255 posts
17 Aug 2016 5:53PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
slugga said..
I used a naish adjustable for a year and loved it they have great flex and no handle twist at all but one thing that will happen is they fill with water and that annoyed the crap out of me.. I still have one but now am on a fixed quick blade and love it

I agree with everything said by Slugga.

I also used a Naish adjustable for a couple of years and have moved to a fix QB…awesome and I would always advise people to get the best (most expensive) blade you can afford. QB make such a fantastic product.

JBFletch
QLD, 1287 posts
18 Aug 2016 5:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
BrisKites said..

JBFletch said..

DavidJohn said..

7.25" and 6.75".

Except we don't have the 2017 models yet

Patience is a virtue

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Adjustable paddles - Naish v Fanatic" started by billboard