Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

BLACK ACID with DEEP PURPLE sunova ,9.2 Acid .

Created by Tardy > 9 months ago, 6 Aug 2018
Tardy
4919 posts
4 Feb 2019 2:58AM
Thumbs Up

Tardy
4919 posts
4 Feb 2019 3:00AM
Thumbs Up

Tardy
4919 posts
4 Feb 2019 3:14AM
Thumbs Up

MORE PHOTOS
As seen in the rocker line photo ,it does have less rocker than my 9,1 acid .
which is a good thing ,as i will be using it for the smaller days so it should be faster ,and it is noticeably more stable
with the extra width, and extra 6 litres vs the 9,1 ,IT still has the pulled in tail and nose ,so it still is the ACID tipper ,with great looseness
picking up some good FCS fins today ,as i had to use some odd sods
hitting the surf today , thanks for the stoke everyone ...

I'm very happy with my 130 litre ACID .ITS BANANAS,

Gboots
NSW, 1314 posts
4 Feb 2019 8:20AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tardy said..
MORE PHOTOS
As seen in the rocker line photo ,it does have less rocker than my 9,1 acid .
which is a good thing ,as i will be using it for the smaller days so it should be faster ,and it is noticeably more stable
with the extra width, and extra 6 litres vs the 9,1 ,IT still has the pulled in tail and nose ,so it still is the ACID tipper ,with great looseness
picking up some good FCS fins today ,as i had to use some odd sods
hitting the surf today , thanks for the stoke everyone ...

I'm very happy with my 130 litre ACID .ITS BANANAS,

Nice Tardy. I took my oversized 9'1 Acid again yesterday . Yes it's big for for my 63kg but still tippy enough to make it nimble and awesome once the the offshores shifted to onshore and I could stay out.

Not sure whether to try a 711 Speeed next or say an 8'7 Acid

Tardy
4919 posts
4 Feb 2019 6:02AM
Thumbs Up

HA thats it staying up
yes if i was 63 kg s i would give the 8'7 a go ,at 97,5 kg my 8,7 flow is as low as i can go .and thats only in the good days ,or else its knee paddling if the wind comes up .
speed ...I've not ridden one only the creek with that tail ..i do prefer the narrow tails ...

DaveSandan
VIC, 1364 posts
4 Feb 2019 12:41PM
Thumbs Up

The black looks great on the water!

Casso
NSW, 3764 posts
4 Feb 2019 1:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Tardy said..

Looks sooooo good!

Tardy
4919 posts
4 Feb 2019 11:13AM
Thumbs Up

Gboots
NSW, 1314 posts
4 Feb 2019 5:07PM
Thumbs Up

Looks like a two finned Great White

SunnyBouy
473 posts
4 Feb 2019 10:21PM
Thumbs Up

Screensaver that last pic

Its been a fantastic journey, thanks for letting us lot become part of it. You've got yourself a stunner. And it's now wet. All we wish is that you smile every time you tide it, and we will to.

Awesome job, awesome board, awesome Sunova.

Phew..

supthecreek
2583 posts
5 Feb 2019 7:24AM
Thumbs Up

Nice to see water flowing over the Black Acid!
Looks awesome in the paddling picture!

MangoDingo
NT, 891 posts
6 Feb 2019 9:56AM
Thumbs Up

Yes Tardy - the Black Acid's arrived mate - how sick does that thing look!

Very keen to hear how it goes - I reckon you've got yourself a classic there brus!

Tardy
4919 posts
6 Feb 2019 1:13PM
Thumbs Up

Like a cat on acid ...off the wall ...mango dingo .

thanks everyone for being part of the threat ..

i must admitt it went on .

i hope someone got some enjoyment out of the thread ...and maybe some thoughts on ya next stick..

who knows another one might be just around the corner ..

surfs up ...gotta go ..

DaveSandan
VIC, 1364 posts
6 Feb 2019 5:05PM
Thumbs Up

Get the kook hat going!

Brenno
QLD, 890 posts
10 Feb 2019 11:59AM
Thumbs Up

Wow Tardy, I could never trust myself with anything that pretty.
It would be in a special place in my house, where I could just sit and drink beer and admire it.......

Tardy
4919 posts
10 Feb 2019 1:18PM
Thumbs Up

Cheer s. Brenno ..it's a great looking board..and has its special place .

bomberdave
VIC, 396 posts
10 Feb 2019 4:53PM
Thumbs Up

cant wait for an in depth review... im debating on the 9'1 or 9'4 although your 9'2x30x130lt is almost my ideal board....

Tardy
4919 posts
10 Feb 2019 5:12PM
Thumbs Up

Both are good ..if your a heavy weight the 9.4 .the 9.1 can be tippy in choppy conditions ,at my weight .

i love the way the acids can dump off speed for tight turns ,

it will cost extra to get custom size changes ..I don't think the extra 4 litre and extra 2 inches
would make a to bigger difference in smaller waves ,compare with my 9.2 vs 9.4

they are tippy compared to other models in the sunova range .

check out creeks stability video test ,he says its his tippiest board ..
the 9.2 is more tipper than my 8.10 flow ..that I sold ,I just had trouble slowing the flow down to turn .

supthecreek
2583 posts
11 Feb 2019 7:16PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bomberdave said..
cant wait for an in depth review... im debating on the 9'1 or 9'4 although your 9'2x30x130lt is almost my ideal board....

Dave... I think way too many people try to out think Bert and go custom.
Generally to their detriment IMO.

Your "normal" numbers don't work with the Acid.
I am fine on 8'10 x 29 Speeed
I struggle on 9'1 x 30.5 ACID
There is no meat in the nose or tail, so they dip under very quickly.

which size for you will also depend on the waves you plan to surf with the Acid.

On those sizes.
My reply is based on me at 107 kg, when I last used my Acids, before Portugal. (I am now around 95 kg)

My 9'4 Acid was, as Tardy mentioned, my most tippy board, of my GoTo sizes... I only use the 9'1 Acid when it is super clean

My 9'4 works best in waist to shoulder high.... i
t is an extremely good small wave board because the surface area gives it plenty of carry and speed.
The super thin and light nose is extremely easy to throw around and go vertical.

My 9'1 is oddly almost as easy to stay upright on, but it wears out my hips from all the micro correcting, while standing out the back.
The 9'1 is a better board in bigger surf, because I find I can throw a harder bottom turn with the narrower board.
The wider 9'4 Acid seems to fight me more on the turns, so I always ride my Creeks when it gets OH... unless super clean, then the 9'1 Acid.

I have a 9'0 Flash coming on the next container, so I will finally be able to weigh in on that model.
I do have a 9'0 Flash "look alike", but it has almost no rocker and very little nose kick. (so really, nothing like a real Flash)
But.... I like it so much that I selected it as one of my 2 boards to take to Portugal.

Gboots
NSW, 1314 posts
11 Feb 2019 11:10PM
Thumbs Up

I am 62kg dry and have a 9'1 Acid . Yes way too big by numbers (was 66kg when I bought ) but I love it .
Great allrounder in stuff 3 feet and below . Likes mid tide and even higher tide waves. Has excellent glide for its shape, paddles awesome, catches waves easily , is loose when required , has enough stability when it gets choppy and when on shores kick in.
Would love to try an 8'7 but don't think it would be as fun all round .
Not sure if I like it more than my 88 Speeed but it has been a good purchase for my abilities .
8'7 Acid or 7'11 Speeed next

Hoppo3228
VIC, 736 posts
12 Feb 2019 6:32PM
Thumbs Up

Yew Tardy

Tardy
4919 posts
12 Feb 2019 4:22PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Gboots said..
I am 62kg dry and have a 9'1 Acid . Yes way too big by numbers (was 66kg when I bought ) but I love it .
Great allrounder in stuff 3 feet and below . Likes mid tide and even higher tide waves. Has excellent glide for its shape, paddles awesome, catches waves easily , is loose when required , has enough stability when it gets choppy and when on shores kick in.
Would love to try an 8'7 but don't think it would be as fun all round .
Not sure if I like it more than my 88 Speeed but it has been a good purchase for my abilities .
8'7 Acid or 7'11 Speeed next

Don't forget the little flow's

They are great fun ...as a quad they are little bullets .I have the 8'7 for good small days .
Wish i could ride it more ,but i spend a lot of time in the drink if theres chop.30,25 wide .
compared with the 9,1 acid 30 5/8 big difference ..and it feels really short .its a throw around .

SunnyBouy
473 posts
12 Feb 2019 9:27PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah, I love my 8'7 Flow. It's a keeper..

thegreatsup
502 posts
13 Feb 2019 5:11AM
Thumbs Up

@stc, can't wait for you to try the flash!! Found the design a bit revolutinary for me with the rails. The board just wants to turn vertical like
no other board is had. The tail and rails are literally as thin as some surfboards I've had!

hard to compare paddling and stability with my other boards as mine was only 93l and my botmal
boards are around 105l so a big difference in volume as well and length and width, but was stable for its size.

Would love to hear how you find that compared to the creek

bomberdave
VIC, 396 posts
21 Feb 2019 11:41AM
Thumbs Up

Tardy
Any update on the Black beauty???? Pics, vids???

Tardy
4919 posts
21 Feb 2019 3:06PM
Thumbs Up

even though the surfs been **** ,its a great size . i love 130 litre boards .a good big blokes ride ,,

the 9,1 acid 125 litre rips harder with the narrower width ,but the 31 BA makes a choppy day more fun

thinking of the 8,10 to complete my quiver ,,,need to loose weight ...what no beer

bomberdave
VIC, 396 posts
21 Feb 2019 7:59PM
Thumbs Up

what 3 x acids ????? Im desperate to try a 9'1 but no one has anything to demo....

Tardy
4919 posts
21 Feb 2019 5:25PM
Thumbs Up

Me
n
either I just brought it
I like it better than my flash and I like it better than my 8,7 flow because I stay upright more , I can always trust it to slide down a big swell ,good rocker and the pulled in nose doesn't catch the chop like some wide nosed boards on the market .the tails the same it always feels locked in , but does have good looseness.they are quite long for their volume , but feel smaller than what they are,

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"BLACK ACID with DEEP PURPLE sunova ,9.2 Acid ." started by Tardy