Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Bic Tracer WS 14' x 26"

Created by riverider > 9 months ago, 31 Mar 2018
riverider
TAS, 1096 posts
31 Mar 2018 5:18PM
Thumbs Up

Picked up one of these the other day as Bic are clearing them out for $1,100 so figured I had nothing to loose at that crazy price.
Firstly I'm no gun racer, but I've have paddled many boards over the years with the majority of my SUPing been surfing and Downwinding + the odd social race and a bit of flatwater when nothing else is on offer. I did see the standard tracer a few years ago and quite liked the look of them, but have never been much of a fan of the brand, but I'm happy to have one in the quiver now. These are light, but without been stupidly light and fragile, the carbon finish is very good, even have twin gortex vents, on the water they feel very solid, certainly not "corky" and the boxy rails offer plenty of stability, I'm yet to downwind it yet, but it does pick up small runners as well as anything else I've paddled, but the lack of rocker could be tricky in heavier conditions.
couple of negative points, are the 3 handles are to far forward so you need to be careful when carrying and lack of grip on the back, but at that price you gotta be happy

JEG
VIC, 1469 posts
31 Mar 2018 9:15PM
Thumbs Up

Nice board at a bargain!

2 Apr 2018 4:36PM
Thumbs Up

Great all-rounder.... Harry Maskell killed it on his & I use to work for BIC & ride them...

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Bic Tracer WS 14' x 26"" started by riverider