Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Custom Hobie RAW

Created by GLewis > 9 months ago, 23 Nov 2015
GLewis
29 posts
23 Nov 2015 4:33PM
Thumbs Up

It's taken a little while to get here, but through an enjoyable period of design and refinement with the guys at Hobie in the US, my new board arrived a few days ago.
I've been surfing on my faithful 8-4 x 28.5" x110l Hobie CM Torque for a couple of years and have found it to be almost perfect, but over the last 6 months or so, I've found it to be almost too comfortable, even in really junky crap conditions.
I decided to go the full custom, feeling the need to go a wee bit shorter, but still maintaining some glide, whilst going a bit narrower and dropping a bit of volume, feeling confident that I have the ability to compensate for the reduced size.
The end result is this little beauty.
At 8-0 x 28 x 105.5l, it's not the teeny tiniest stick, but for me at 6-2 and 95kgs, I reckon it is just right for me.
It's going to take a little while to adjust, but I'm pretty sure this is going to be a great new board.

I took it out for a quick surf on Thursday, in blowy onshore after work grovel, but still found it to be super stable and a lively one on the couple of waves I managed to pick. Super stoked with it, and the best bit is that it got here just in time for Merimbula!

crakas
QLD, 446 posts
23 Nov 2015 8:02PM
Thumbs Up

That is gorgeous ....

Loz79
QLD, 459 posts
23 Nov 2015 8:33PM
Thumbs Up

Great looking board!!!...10 litres above body weight WOW!!

supthecreek
2583 posts
23 Nov 2015 8:21PM
Thumbs Up

Beautiful board.... I have owned a bunch of them.... great quality and rippers.

Kudos on your skills....those numbers are way above my pay grade.

2Cent
1 posts
27 Nov 2015 4:47PM
Thumbs Up

Glad that someone is finally talking about Hobie again! I have the 8'4 Raw at 110l. Absolutely love the board. And your 8'0 looks great.

Did you order it from them direct?

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Custom Hobie RAW" started by GLewis