QLD, 243 posts
8 Apr 2016 7:15AM
Thumbs Up

10'6 x 28 - 136 litres

Gboots
NSW, 1314 posts
8 Apr 2016 7:13PM
Thumbs Up

Looks like it would be a speed machine . Is that the ecotec finish ? Looks more aqua than blue

Gafas
25 posts
8 Apr 2016 7:09PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Gboots said..
Looks like it would be a speed machine . Is that the ecotec finish ? Looks more aqua than blue

Would bet it is a XXX Tec with a custom color. Looks good.

SupaTrooper
QLD, 243 posts
8 Apr 2016 9:21PM
Thumbs Up

It's the xxx Tech, very light with custom tint, made a mistake in previous post it is 132 litres, took it to the alley for its first run this morn ......very fast, making broken sections easily and turns very sharp for a board that length....it's now my favourite board

flowmaster
291 posts
9 Apr 2016 12:46AM
Thumbs Up

I prefer a little more weight however, the offshore winds against the moving bigger face is a big issue , a little more momentum could make the difference.
I also would make the shape wider, to deal with chop, cause big and clean is not happening a lot in my book.
Love the look and collar, quality would be Sunovas so cool cool cool.

Gboots
NSW, 1314 posts
9 Apr 2016 3:43PM
Thumbs Up

If you don't mind answering.....how much extra do you believe it costs to custom make ?
Also did you order direct or through a shop / dealer ?

Grenfell
NSW, 291 posts
9 Apr 2016 4:57PM
Thumbs Up

V nice looking stick... be great to hear how she goes when its on!

SupaTrooper
QLD, 243 posts
9 Apr 2016 5:39PM
Thumbs Up

For a custom job from Sunova it's an extra $400 on top of their regular price for a board that size, I actually emailed Bert at Sunova and we emailed back and forth till we came up with the dimensions I wanted & the specific application/ type of surfing I wanted this type of board for, it did come through Surffx ( but I also traded a board in the process). I took this board out this morning at Kirra in lumpy/ bumpy northerly crap, barely 1 ft of wave about, but what I will say that for a 28" wide I had no problems re balance etc. l've just added some this new rspro hex grip on the nose area to see how grippy it is

Rossall
WA, 690 posts
9 Apr 2016 5:03PM
Thumbs Up

How long do you have to wait for custom Sunova from point of placing the order

Tino42
85 posts
9 Apr 2016 10:56PM
Thumbs Up

Hi guys. The pic doesn't give this amazing "teal blue" color the credit it deserves. Check this out. It's on another board but it's the same color. Custom.

husq2100
QLD, 2031 posts
10 Apr 2016 7:00PM
Thumbs Up

You want more weight cause of wind brake but want more surface area to catch that wind???

28 is plenty wide on a 10.6

billekrub
123 posts
28 May 2016 6:14AM
Thumbs Up

Congrats on your new board, and thanks for showing what you had done.

Can you share your description of the goals for this board? The type of surf, surfing, and so on. The extra speed you enjoy helps you make sections, perhaps handle bigger or smaller surf? Extra speed under paddle power should make it easier to catch waves well before they become critical?

Does the extra length make the 28 wide board as stable as a 9 footer at 30 inches? Or, not? Maybe, the extra speed alone adds to stability.

I paddle in a place with a variety of conditions, but quite often the waves are mushy, more suited for longboards than short most days. Also in some parts, peaks do not appear consistently in one place; rather, they keep one guessing. Watching others, as well, most attempts by average paddlers to catch waves fail, because they are too early on the wave or too slow to keep up. Some surfers, are quite adept at judging waves and positioning, however. When using a WS'er, it's much easier.

normster
NSW, 316 posts
29 May 2016 11:04AM
Thumbs Up

Great looking board, just curiious it looks like rounded pin, i normally associate pintails with gun style boards or is that more of a prone board thing ?

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Custom Sunova Gun" started by SupaTrooper