Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Custom Sunova Surf

Created by surfinJ > 9 months ago, 27 May 2016
surfinJ
663 posts
27 May 2016 5:19PM
Thumbs Up

After a long search for a replacement longboard I finally scored with Bert. Needing a true all rounder I went for the Surf model so as to truly handle just about anything. Small to bigger surf, bumpy, onshore whatever.

Sunova was a charm to deal with. They delivered the board on time, intact, on the other side of the world for an inclusive with the shape price.

The shaper, what can I say you don't already know. Though we never had a face to face his patient email exchange with me led to exactly the board I needed.

The board. 10-6x31 Surf. Thinned out to 150l with very foiled rails. 4+1 future boxes. I'll either use 8,9,10" single or quad.

First surf 3' steep little bowl. Surprisingly uncrowded Saturday morning, perfect testing ground. Board is light and surfed easy from the get go. A lot of fun times on the way.

Gboots
NSW, 1314 posts
27 May 2016 7:46PM
Thumbs Up

How much extra was it to go custom ? Is it the eco tec or xxx tec ?

surfinJ
663 posts
27 May 2016 7:36PM
Thumbs Up

It wasn't much, $50? Sorry don't remember. Color and boxes a bit more.

flowmaster
291 posts
28 May 2016 1:55AM
Thumbs Up

Great surfin J, It's a nice looking board indeed.
I have to say, I'm very pleased to with the 9.2 Speeed, had some good Vendee sessions in May and it works fantastic
Love to try it out in Hossegor sone, regards Flowmaster.

surfinJ
663 posts
28 May 2016 2:32AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks, board did make it easy.

When I committed to the order last year, I was considering a speed as well and had to pick.
Next board a Speeed, definitely. See you here.

that guy
79 posts
28 May 2016 5:30AM
Thumbs Up

what did you think about single fin v's quad after you surfed it?dean

Wicksy
QLD, 153 posts
28 May 2016 7:52AM
Thumbs Up

Great looking board surfinJ

What height & weight are you? Are you finding the dimensions are about right for your height/weight?

ive got the 10x29 Style, but am interested in a bit more of an all rounder and was considering a custom Surf.

Any chance of posting up a couple of photos?

cheers

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Custom Sunova Surf" started by surfinJ