Casso
NSW, 3764 posts
20 Oct 2015 12:07PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
ShireSUP said..
Casso said..

magentawave said...
Casso: I always enjoy your videos, dude! What do you think the percentage is for how much you ride your 10'er verses your little Minion?

About 50:50 when I'm not training for a comp.

You train for surf comp

Well, that's what I tell my wife when I want to get some extra water time in. "Gotta go train, Love."

Brenno
QLD, 890 posts
21 Oct 2015 12:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
magentawave said...
Brenno said..
This bad boy arrived yesterday, just finished gripping it up. Can't wait to try it out tomorrow, been missing a big board for those lazy days.....
Let you know how it goes.

What are the dimensions and volume of your new board?

Hey magentawave. It's 10' x 29" x 4 & 3/16". Around 130L.To answer your other question, 12" forward of the tail it is 19" wide.
I took my deep JC out to the headland this morning for about 2 hours. Magic. (Thanks EToriginal for the heads up). Got home and found the "soul" that i had ordered for my chaser on the front deck (pictured). Sigh. Means i'll just have to dump all my chores and head back to the water.
To ME this is what MY rhinochaser was crying out for, and i had another magic session in some lazy shore breaks.
Got that beautiful big board feeling back......

magentawave
128 posts
21 Oct 2015 11:42AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Brenno. Your new board is beautiful! Nice fin too. Yup, the glide of a longboard is so cool. Please keep us updated.

Casso
NSW, 3764 posts
21 Oct 2015 6:25PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Brenno said..

I took my deep JC out to the headland this morning for about 2 hours. Magic. (Thanks EToriginal for the heads up). Got home and found the "soul" that i had ordered for my chaser on the front deck (pictured). Sigh. Means i'll just have to dump all my chores and head back to the water.
To ME this is what MY rhinochaser was crying out for, and i had another magic session in some lazy shore breaks.
Got that beautiful big board feeling back......

Great stuff Brenno. So running it with just that single?

Brenno
QLD, 890 posts
21 Oct 2015 6:03PM
Thumbs Up

Yeah Casso. And lovin' it. Slowing it down just a smidge to get down the back for those big arcs. Really enjoyed it today, big sweeping cutbacks no probs. Found it easier to turn on to a wave (for me) too. The deep double concaves and pronounced peak at the centre fin told me to plug in a rudder and let the board do the rest of the work. Me and this big girl are gonna be good friends....

Casso
NSW, 3764 posts
21 Oct 2015 8:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Brenno said...
Yeah Casso. And lovin' it. Slowing it down just a smidge to get down the back for those big arcs. Really enjoyed it today, big sweeping cutbacks no probs. Found it easier to turn on to a wave (for me) too. The deep double concaves and pronounced peak at the centre fin told me to plug in a rudder and let the board do the rest of the work. Me and this big girl are gonna be good friends....

Ha ha - awesome.

Casso
NSW, 3764 posts
22 Oct 2015 7:57AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Zeusman said..
Casso said...
It's Chappo's 10 foot DEEP. Here's some more footage of it:

Very nice. I like the dimensions too.

Seeing as you've ridden both, can you compare that to your Rhino for us mate?

Chappo's board is a bit more traditional longboard style in the way it surfs. It's great for smaller cruisey waves where you can slow things down and work on your soul arches, cross steps and nose rides. It paddles very well and is nice and stable. It is 139L.

My Rhinochaser can work like that too but takes a little more focus and is a bit less forgiving. It does however excel when the waves get a bit bigger and draws awesome lines through big cutbacks and drawn out bottom turns. It is 130L.

Casso
NSW, 3764 posts
22 Dec 2015 6:56PM
Thumbs Up

A few slow lefts on the Rhinochaser

Casso
NSW, 3764 posts
26 Dec 2015 11:54AM
Thumbs Up

And another vid from a few weeks ago...

Casso
NSW, 3764 posts
9 Jan 2016 3:57PM
Thumbs Up

A few pics of the Rhino from yesterday...

Brenno
QLD, 890 posts
9 Jan 2016 3:09PM
Thumbs Up

Nice Casso.
I misread the conditions at our local on Tuesday morning and took my rhinochaser down for a wave. It looked fairly flat being high tide, no lines just a few peaks. When I got there it was pumping, some well overhead. I was surprised to say the least.
I thought to myself I either go back and get something else, or learn how to surf this girl real quick. After just a couple of good size drops my pulse rate was right up. Stoked.
The bigger and steeper, the better it surfed. Never done such big arcing controlled cut backs on a 10' board before. Didn't nose in once.
After 3 hours I was stuffed, but well satisfied. Yewwwwwwwwwww!

(After a quick refuel and shaking the kids to get their bums down the beach, I went back with my 8'8", and then the minion. Last day of the Xmas break for me was perfect.....)

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"DEEP Oceanboards 10'0" Rhinochaser // Review" started by Casso