Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

DEEP Oceanboards 7'4" PaddlePop // Review

Created by Casso > 9 months ago, 14 Oct 2014
maxeaus
NSW, 326 posts
9 Mar 2015 10:05PM
Thumbs Up

I take it that was the new multi coloured 10ft board you were riding on Saturday at (cough cough), and it was pretty solid there that day too, you seemed to be throwing that thing around quite nicely IMHO.

Casso
NSW, 3764 posts
11 Mar 2015 10:54PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Coastie said..
So the Malibu pop has been born, time to give us the rundown Casso! Oh and how many ltrs?

Stay tuned. It is 129 litres.

Casso
NSW, 3764 posts
11 Mar 2015 10:58PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
maxeaus said..
I take it that was the new multi coloured 10ft board you were riding on Saturday at (cough cough), and it was pretty solid there that day too, you seemed to be throwing that thing around quite nicely IMHO.

Yep. That was the one. Fun session hey?

Burndo
WA, 91 posts
11 Mar 2015 11:43PM
Thumbs Up

"cough, cough" - that could be anywhere in Sydney with your pollution!
So the longpop handled some squeeze Casso? Just hassling for a review as I'm keen on a Deep or two, but have some dilemmas in regards to the waves I mostly get. I've been thinking a modern-longboard style for the small stuff and a slightly stretched p-pop for 3-6' would be the go. Would appreciate your input before I call Simon and pull the trigger. I explained my waves vs boards here (see the Hey CAUTION comment): www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Stand-Up-Paddle/Review/Starboard-Hyper-Nut-Minion-Vanguard-MPH/?page=1

Camarillo
365 posts
4 Apr 2015 1:36PM
Thumbs Up

I ride a 2014 Starboard Pro BC 8'0"x28"@96 liter and I weigh 84 kg,my SB is a lot of work when it is choppy and I could use a bit more speed.

What size Paddlepop should I get, 7.4 x 27 1/2 x 4 @ 100liter?

How would the paddlepop compare to my SB , flat planing speed,looseness, stability?

Casso
NSW, 3764 posts
7 Apr 2015 1:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Camarillo said..
I ride a 2014 Starboard Pro BC 8'0"x28"@96 liter and I weigh 84 kg,my SB is a lot of work when it is choppy and I could use a bit more speed.

What size Paddlepop should I get, 7.4 x 27 1/2 x 4 @ 100liter?

How would the paddlepop compare to my SB , flat planing speed,looseness, stability?

That sounds about right but maybe go a fraction under 4" thick to get the volume down to about 95L. I think you will find this will be a lot more stable than you SB Pro at the same volume. The PaddlePop will have much better flat planing speed and will be a bit looser than your 8 footer.

Surfrod66
NSW, 665 posts
7 Apr 2015 2:31PM
Thumbs Up

I have been surfing the new Hyper nut 7"2 x 28 at 104 Ltrs and would say it is similar to the 8' 5 Pro from 2014 more stable than your 8" pro I am 6' tall and 85kgs.

murf
SA, 477 posts
13 Apr 2015 1:18PM
Thumbs Up

Mine arrived this weekend.

Antho
VIC, 508 posts
13 Apr 2015 1:56PM
Thumbs Up

Really nice looking board!

Casso
NSW, 3764 posts
4 Jul 2015 2:15PM
Thumbs Up

Here are a few more waves on my 7'4" PaddlePop...

Dan83
62 posts
4 Jul 2015 5:47PM
Thumbs Up

Nice video casso. Couple of questions:

what weight and height are you if you don't mind sharing?

What fin setup are u using in that video?

And do you find the board reasonably stable in most conditions?

Cheers

Casso
NSW, 3764 posts
5 Jul 2015 9:31PM
Thumbs Up

Dan83 said..
Nice video casso. Couple of questions:

what weight and height are you if you don't mind sharing?

What fin setup are u using in that video?

And do you find the board reasonably stable in most conditions?

Cheers

Thanks Dan.

I am 85kg and 5'11".

I'm running some Pancho Sullivan Futures in the front [ http://www.futuresfins.com.au/pancho-sullivan-honeycomb-green-tri-fin-set/ ] with Stealth SX Shapers in the rear [ www.shapers.com.au/products/Stealth-SX-Quad-Rears-Single-Tab.html ] and a Darc Drive Shapers in the tail [ www.shapers.com.au/products/Darc-Drive-%28Quad-Centre-Fin%29-Single-Tab.html ].

The boards stability is just OK in messy conditions but at 89L and 85kg (without wet 3/2 steamer), I think it does pretty well and would be much better than a pointy nose/pulled in tail board of the same volume.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"DEEP Oceanboards 7'4" PaddlePop // Review" started by Casso