Looks very similar outline to my 10'6" Laird

Zeusman
QLD, 1363 posts
17 Jul 2016 1:21PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
fester said..
Looks very similar outline to my 10'6" Laird

We certainly put some elements of that board into mine. The Laird is a fantastic design.

rodriguez
VIC, 883 posts
17 Jul 2016 5:34PM
Thumbs Up

Talking of Laird,when are they bringing there 2016-17 range out?

margeaux
QLD, 59 posts
17 Jul 2016 6:08PM
Thumbs Up

Spoke to distributor today and he said his not importing the new model.
Unless someone else starts importing them we won't be seeing the new model in Australia.:(

fester
WA, 348 posts
17 Jul 2016 5:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
margeaux said..
Spoke to distributor today and he said his not importing the new model.
Unless someone else starts importing them we won't be seeing the new model in Australia.:(

husq2100
QLD, 2031 posts
17 Jul 2016 8:02PM
Thumbs Up

Well sounds like you Laird board fans need to pic up the phone and call SImon at DEEP Ocean Boards. Get what YOU want in a board and bullet proof!

warwickl
NSW, 2174 posts
17 Jul 2016 8:16PM
Thumbs Up

ECS are worth contacting as not only excellent gear customer support and product back up is second to none.
Its great these days we have such a wide choice of options.

Brenno
QLD, 890 posts
18 Jul 2016 8:11PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Zeusman said...
Brenno said..

burleighlocal said...

Brenno said..

I have recently acquired a Deep 10'1" x 28.5" and although yet to get it out on some decent juice, the few waves that I have managed have been very encouraging.
I had it made to fill the hole left by my 10'6" Nalu, but wanted to go shorter and narrower. Found the Nalu a tad corky.
It is the lowest volume longboard I have had and I love it. Currently running GL1 sides and a smaller shaper S7 centre. It is very nimble, and the newer construction from Deep using carbon in the Vac bagged layup makes it nice and light.
I am ashamed to say I haven't used any of my other boards since it showed up.....

Brenno what is the volume on the Deep? and what was the volume on your Nalu?

Around 120 i'd reckon. Definitely under my "norm" of 130. I'd have to ask to make sure. The nalu was 160 from memory.

What does it weigh Brenno?

9.5kg mate
At 10'1" x 28.5" x 4", I reckon that's not too bad.

Zeusman
QLD, 1363 posts
18 Jul 2016 9:13PM
Thumbs Up

That's very good Brenno

Zeusman
QLD, 1363 posts
18 Jul 2016 9:20PM
Thumbs Up

I'm a huge advocate of going custom. Whether it's with Surefire or Deep or any of our fine Aussie shapers. If you know what you want in a board and know the dimensions you like, you're pretty much guaranteed to end up with a board that satisfies way more than any production board.
But i think it's critical that you know exactly what you want.

Tardy
4930 posts
19 Jul 2016 6:17AM
Thumbs Up

Im also looking at a new board ,I'd like to stay Naish ,but there is nothing there I want .I don't really like short boards under 9.5 .but it hard to find a long one with
less volume .
I think a deep custom might be the answer .and if the construction is good ,,say no more .good thread dudes.

husq2100
QLD, 2031 posts
19 Jul 2016 8:38AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Zeusman said..
I'm a huge advocate of going custom. Whether it's with Surefire or Deep or any of our fine Aussie shapers. If you know what you want in a board and know the dimensions you like, you're pretty much guaranteed to end up with a board that satisfies way more than any production board.

id say not "exactly" true. I do not come from a surfing back ground. I dont know much about rail profile, bottom shapes, fin placement etc. I just took in a board I was surfing and happy with and asked about gettig one made with some changes. SImon measured it up and profiled it on his computer, then asked what I wanted changed. Which was: Shorter, narrower, thinner. He asked what I liked and disliked about it and then with his shaping experience put together the final shape with rail and bottom profiles to suit.

So basically I had somewhat of an idea, but not the tech stuff, and he made it happen. Im sure other good shapers can do the same.

Zeusman
QLD, 1363 posts
19 Jul 2016 4:04PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
husq2100 said...
Zeusman said..

id say not "exactly" true. I do not come from a surfing back ground. I dont know much about rail profile, bottom shapes, fin placement etc. I just took in a board I was surfing and happy with and asked about gettig one made with some changes. SImon measured it up and profiled it on his computer, then asked what I wanted changed. Which was: Shorter, narrower, thinner. He asked what I liked and disliked about it and then with his shaping experience put together the final shape with rail and bottom profiles to suit.

So basically I had somewhat of an idea, but not the tech stuff, and he made it happen. Im sure other good shapers can do the same.

Husq, what you described is exactly what I'm talking about. You liked a certain board, but knew that you wanted to change a few things about it to achieve what want. To me, that's knowning exactly what you want!

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Deep Longboard style sup?" started by burleighlocal