Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

F-One Rocket Foil SUP V3

Created by Pasquales > 9 months ago, 12 Aug 2020
Pasquales
201 posts
12 Aug 2020 5:23AM
Thumbs Up

Decided to change my gear and make it more winging specific. I had been learning to wing on a 120 liter 2019 Naish Hover. Fun board over all. The epoxy "sandwich" construction made the board stable but not too heavy relatively speaking. It was solid for SUPing and SUP foiling, but I found for light wind winging(12 mph <), it didn't have the "giddy up" I needed. Sold it and purchased an 6'0 F-One Rocket SUP. Does anyone have experience with these? In my limited experience, I found I couldn't have picked two different boards. The Rocket SUP has the same volume, but significantly less weight (didn't weigh them, but can easily tell the difference). I've not had a foil for several weeks (sold that too), so can't speak to much to wing foiling differences just yet.

Pasquales
201 posts
15 Aug 2020 8:38AM
Thumbs Up

Took the rocket out winging two days in a row. Here's my findings. The board is lite in weight, and said to be made from bamboo layers. In terms of how it feels, it reminds me of the old "hollow core" surfboards and rides much corkier than a traditional SUP like the Naish 120. For low wind conditions, it definitely gets up on foil much easier. On one occasion I attached two longboard fins and tried to SUP it (I had sold my original foil and was waiting for the new one to arrive). After 10 mins of feeling really unstable, it was apparent the board cannot be SUP'ed without a foil. Overall, I have to say it's an interesting board. F-one makes the claim the Rocket is a "Wing Specific SUP" . I think they hit the mark.

IanInca
273 posts
16 Aug 2020 4:48AM
Thumbs Up

I think the Wing forum is in the foiling section.

I've just ordered the 5'5 Rocket Wing. Looking forward to getting my hands on it.

Pasquales
201 posts
16 Aug 2020 9:56AM
Thumbs Up

Ok. Thought board reviews was best. Anyway, you're gonna love the 85 liter. I'm wishing I purchased the 5'10", instead of the 6'0". These boards are super floaty.

IanInca
273 posts
16 Aug 2020 3:56PM
Thumbs Up

What are the dims with yours? Mines 5'5 27" 85L. I don't really understand their v2 thing. They seem to have a slim Rocket wing range and a "normal one". One of the reasons I went for the board was it comes in around 5kgs which is really light especially compared to the fanatic sky wing. I think it's going to take some adjustment coming from 6'6 30" 120L..

Pasquales
201 posts
17 Aug 2020 12:12AM
Thumbs Up

Yes, the 5'5" is 27" wide, the 5'8" is 28" and the 6'0" is 30". So I have the 6'0". Yellow boards are version 1, Orange are latest. I think you're on the right track for board size.

IanInca
273 posts
17 Aug 2020 3:21AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Pasquales said..
Yes, the 5'5" is 27" wide, the 5'8" is 28" and the 6'0" is 30". So I have the 6'0". Yellow boards are version 1, Orange are latest. I think you're on the right track for board size.

I'll let you know how it goes...

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"F-One Rocket Foil SUP V3" started by Pasquales