Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

F-one Madeiro Pro 8'5''

Created by OliverCooly > 9 months ago, 20 Feb 2017
OliverCooly
3 posts
20 Feb 2017 7:51PM
Thumbs Up

Hello everyone!

I just wanted to say few words.. Guys! I fund the most perfect board!!

I just bought an F-one Madeiro Pro Carbon 8'5'' at Seafreaks in Burleigh Heads QLD, Travis gave me that same board to try for a week, it was really hard for me to find the perfect board... It's hard to believe that there is no more F-one boards on the water! They range of boards is just so beautiful and sexy!.. And i can tell you, they are the most refined stand up paddle boards on the market! I am so stoke! i am a big F-one fan now! I am going to learn Kitesurf really soon, and i can tell you, i will get F-one Gear too! You can tell the people behind F-one know what they doing! Travis gave me a good price on a Manera boardbag to protect the board when i am not using it.. Manera is the F-one Accessory brand, this boardbag is also perfect Keep the board cool in any conditions!!

I can see on other topic you guys talk for hours and hours on poor quality brands, i am just not sure what you are doing... Stop with the crap Gear and support the brands that are making the effort to make good stuff!!

Thank you Seafreaks! Thank you F-one!

Oliver

micksmith
VIC, 1674 posts
21 Feb 2017 6:20AM
Thumbs Up

sexy?

OliverCooly
3 posts
21 Feb 2017 6:19AM
Thumbs Up

I mean vibrant, colourful, have a look at they range : www.proteusdistribution.com/stand-up-paddle-f-one

SUPbru
386 posts
21 Feb 2017 10:21AM
Thumbs Up

I have no doubt that F-One is a top performance brand (I previously took a long hard look at them but it was a mission to get a board to NZ) however as a 1st time poster....making a call that you've 'found a perfect board' & 'they are the most refined SUP's in the market' is a big call...just saying! PS - welcome to the Breeze

OliverCooly
3 posts
21 Feb 2017 11:22AM
Thumbs Up

I am actually spending my time on the water, not on forums SUPbru

micksmith
VIC, 1674 posts
21 Feb 2017 2:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
OliverCooly said..

That may be the case, but the point is first time poster raving about a brand sounds sus to say the least.

SUPbru
386 posts
21 Feb 2017 11:48AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
OliverCooly said..

Put on some Alanis Morissette (Isn't it Ironic) & then go & enjoy the waves pal

seaFreaks
QLD, 72 posts
21 Feb 2017 2:44PM
Thumbs Up

Hey crew
Thanks Oliver for the review. As mentioned in my review of this particular board, I am and always will be a massive Naish fan and it took me a while to warm to change... For my personal needs and requirements a lot of the Naish range tick all the boxes BUT, they don't work for everyone. Every person has there own idea of the "perfect board" some of us (I'm guilty) get so caught up in the latest trends, fads and gimmicks at times, we forget that there is more out there. My personal opinion of the F-One range is that they are suited to a huge range of people and skill levels. The boards are manufactured well, They present well and they perform really well (review on the Anakao coming soon lol) I remember Oliver well, He is just a do everything at 100mph bloke and if you see the F-One board down Cooly way, STAY CLEAR, everything is at warp speed. Sorry Oliver!!! The Madeiro is defiantly a board you should put on your bucket list to try with one word of warning... Never thought id be saying this but, You can afford to drop down a board size. That's across the F-One range.
Hope everyone is getting swell (we're not)
Stay stoked

burleighlocal
255 posts
21 Feb 2017 1:01PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SUPbru said..
I have no doubt that F-One is a top performance brand (I previously took a long hard look at them but it was a mission to get a board to NZ) however as a 1st time poster....making a call that you've 'found a perfect board' & 'they are the most refined SUP's in the market' is a big call...just saying! PS - welcome to the Breeze

gee that sounds familiar...

ChuckSteak
QLD, 83 posts
21 Feb 2017 4:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
OliverCooly said..
Hello everyone!

I just bought an F-one Madeiro Pro Carbon 8'5'' at Seafreaks in Burleigh Heads QLD, Travis gave me that same board to try for a week, it was really hard for me to find the perfect board... It's hard to believe that there is no more F-one boards on the water! They range of boards is just so beautiful and sexy!.. And i can tell you, they are the most refined stand up paddle boards on the market! I am so stoke! i am a big F-one fan now! I am going to learn Kitesurf really soon, and i can tell you, i will get F-one Gear too! You can tell the people behind F-one know what they doing! Travis gave me a good price on a Manera boardbag to protect the board when i am not using it.. Manera is the F-one Accessory brand, this boardbag is also perfect Keep the board cool in any conditions!!

I can see on other topic you guys talk for hours and hours on poor quality brands, i am just not sure what you are doing... Stop with the crap Gear and support the brands that are making the effort to make good stuff!!

Oliver

Thanks for the post Oliver, a fair bit said about seafreaks and good deals being done and everyone else riding crap gear, but not much about the boards performance, really interested to hear some more info you have about the boards actual style and performance, share your stoke with us all bro.?

Apart from it being 'beautiful and sexy' you haven't really said much..? What makes it tick, what do you love so much about it.? What makes it so refined..? What fins do you have in it, what conditions have you had it out in, sucky beach breaks, fat full point beaks..? Are you an intermediate or beginner rider, are you fat or skinny, old or young.? Lay it all on us.

seaFreaks
QLD, 72 posts
21 Feb 2017 7:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Dylpeters said..

OliverCooly said..
Hello everyone!

Oliver

Thanks for the post Oliver, a fair bit said about seafreaks and good deals being done and everyone else riding crap gear, but not much about the boards performance, really interested to hear some more info you have about the boards actual style and performance, share your stoke with us all bro.?

Apart from it being 'beautiful and sexy' you haven't really said much..? What makes it tick, what do you love so much about it.? What makes it so refined..? What fins do you have in it, what conditions have you had it out in, sucky beach breaks, fat full point beaks..? Are you an intermediate or beginner rider, are you fat or skinny, old or young.? Lay it all on us.

Fins hahahahaha, that's one question I'd like to answer hahaha. The factory fins, as with any brand are catered for "the lowest common denominator" I'm not trying to be rude in any way when I say that, its just the easiest way to explain it. The basic supplied fins do absolutely nothing for the board regardless of skill or style. If your a millionaire, the best fins (personal opinion) are FCS Mayhem and I have searched hi and low to find a decent priced comparison. Its only today I have the answer!!! If you are serious about fins and set up for performabce, check out 3D Fins.... There peofiles are awesome and work really well. I'll admit, that sounds like a plug but when I find something that works I'm happy to share...

CheaterFive
QLD, 30 posts
11 Mar 2017 2:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
micksmith said..

OliverCooly said..

That may be the case, but the point is first time poster raving about a brand sounds sus to say the least.

Micksmith, Sus?!? What on earth do you mean?

Surely it can't be sus given that F-one distribution rights for Australia changed just prior to this post.

And I am sure Oliver of Cooly, the postee, who has never made a comment before, felt uncontrollably compelled to write such a positive review about this product on the basis of how well it surfed with the epic swell these past 7 days.

And F-one as a multinational company would surely never stoop to such low and unethical forms of marketing... surely they would know better.

References:
1) www.seabreeze.com.au/News/Stand+Up+Paddle/FOne-SUP-Coming-to-Australia-in-a-BIG-Way_11416063.aspx
2) I am an avid fan of NCIS

P.S. Ignoring unnecessary marketing plugs, F-ones product videos at least look good, but dogging other brands is uncool, especially when F-one are just another Chinese import like everything else on the market these days... Peace and prosperity to you all

colas
4986 posts
11 Mar 2017 2:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
seaFreaks said..
the best fins (personal opinion) are FCS Mayhem[...]that sounds like a plug

That definitely sounds like a plug.

An advice, just tell the simple truth: of all the fins you tested, these are the ones you loved best.
Saying that "they are the best fins" ... for all waves, boards, styles is just ridiculous.

As for the original poster, you could rephrase as "Hey Travis gave me a discount on the bag so I want to do so free advertisement for it".
On the F-Ones, there are some in France and seem decent (meaning people do not seem to complain about them, but you do not see a lot of them, but I guess this is due to the fact that they are quite expensive for a Chinese construction). The CEO is a well know figure of the French Windsurfing and Kite scene and the brand has a solid reputation in the kite world. But as cheaterfive says, they are just Chinese made, presenting them as the pinnacle of SUP boards seems suspect.

BrisKites
QLD, 1286 posts
13 Mar 2017 9:54AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
colas said..But as cheaterfive says, they are just Chinese made, presenting them as the pinnacle of SUP boards seems suspect.

Do you know which factory Colas??? If so are you aware of which other brands produce there?

CheaterFive
QLD, 30 posts
13 Mar 2017 6:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
BrisKites said..

colas said..But as cheaterfive says, they are just Chinese made, presenting them as the pinnacle of SUP boards seems suspect.

Do you know which factory Colas??? If so are you aware of which other brands produce there?

Briskites, most brands source from multiple factories in order to keep up with their demands. Typically having an overflow factory at hand to produce extra units when the season kicks in.

So it would be hard to say which factory a board actually came from.

BrisKites
QLD, 1286 posts
13 Mar 2017 8:59PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
CheaterFive said..

BrisKites said..

Briskites, most brands source from multiple factories in order to keep up with their demands. Typically having an overflow factory at hand to produce extra units when the season kicks in.

I was asking if he knew

CheaterFive
QLD, 30 posts
13 Mar 2017 10:28PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
BrisKites said..

CheaterFive said..

BrisKites said..

I was asking if he knew

Sorry Briskites, my bad. How rude of me. I didn't mean to step out of line.

As a F-one dealer I am sure you are very keen to find out where the product is manufactured. It must be awkward writing blogs dogging on Chinese products, only to find out that you sell multiple Chinese brands yourself..... Awkward! But what ever makes you a dollar right, a mans gotta eat.

Pro sales tip, just tell your customers they come out of the same factory as Naish... Surely that will reassure them and secure you a sale.

P.S. For the record they come out of Shenzhen. I won't name the factory by name as it isn't fair to F-One and as I too am in the importing game (car and bike parts) wouldn't want such information getting out about the factories that I use.

colas
4986 posts
14 Mar 2017 4:37PM
Thumbs Up

BrisKites said..

CheaterFive said..

BrisKites said..

I was asking if he knew

No, I do not know. And as CheaterFive said, it would not be right to tell which ones even if I knew.

Disclaimer: I am a Gong ambassador, and Gong produce some boards in China, and at a time (2011 to 2015) only produced in China. They worked with tens of factories, always many at a times. And they do not try to hide it (At a time, there was even a "Proudly made in China" sticker on them, they often pictured the Chinese workers on the web site). I love my Chinese boards, had owned many, and recommend them if they fit the needs of who is asking. (And I loved my pre-2011 Tunisian ones, and my new Portuguese ones). So I know Chinese boards can be good.

But I was reacting to the "they are the most refined stand up paddle boards on the market" that seems an insult to all the quality shapers out there, notably the famous OZ ones. Just say that they are "well refined stand up paddle boards". To be clear, saying "Gong boards are the most refined stand up paddle boards on the market" would has been as foolish.

An old view of the Gong showroom (now there is also a Portuguese flag), with a big Chinese flag besides the ones from Britanny and Corsica.

PS: Perhaps I am a bit over-sensitive, but I am fed up of people badmouthing me on the water for riding a Chinese board... while being of a Chinese made board themselves (but from brands that try to hide this fact).

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"F-one Madeiro Pro 8'5''" started by OliverCooly