Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Have Rrd Super sup V2 or Cosmo a flat deck?

Created by Rigodon > 9 months ago, 10 Jul 2014
Rigodon
5 posts
10 Jul 2014 1:32AM
Thumbs Up

Hello, sorry for my English...
can anyone confirm if the Rrd Super sup ??V2 or Cosmo have flat deck, as the 2013/14 Starboard wide point or pro?
I'm considering the Super 8'11 or 8'5 Cosmo. And I think a flatter deck increases stability. Weight 75 kg, but I am not very skilled, and I've had a SB Pro 9'1x29 2012, I found it difficult to keep standing or catch waves. Can you give me your opoinión on the two boards, the Super Sup v2 or Cosmo?
The problem is that I buy online, unable to see or try before.

Thank you very much and greetings from Catalonia.

MickMc
VIC, 452 posts
10 Jul 2014 7:47PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Rigodon said..
Hello, sorry for my English...
can anyone confirm if the Rrd Super sup ??V2 or Cosmo have flat deck, as the 2013/14 Starboard wide point or pro?
I'm considering the Super 8'11 or 8'5 Cosmo. And I think a flatter deck increases stability. Weight 75 kg, but I am not very skilled, and I've had a SB Pro 9'1x29 2012, I found it difficult to keep standing or catch waves. Can you give me your opoinión on the two boards, the Super Sup v2 or Cosmo?
The problem is that I buy online, unable to see or try before.

Thank you very much and greetings from Catalonia.

Hey mate, welcome to the Aussie sup community. Sorry we don't have the RRD boards over here so I doubt anyone can give you any input from their own experience. I've had a look at their website and if I were you, having struggled on the starboard 9'1 pro, I'd go for the Super V2 8’11”x 32”x4” .... those dimensions suggest a fun and very stable board.

dave.h
WA, 193 posts
10 Jul 2014 6:02PM
Thumbs Up

they are over here in perth. sure to be a few starting to get around the beaches now. as for reviews, I'm sure there would be a local perth rider that can give a comment.
they are sold at second wind in attadale.

Gonewindsurfing247
WA, 966 posts
15 Jul 2014 4:28PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Rigodon,

I had a go on my mates 8'0 Cosmo Pro on the weekend. It has a domed deck. Swapping from my 8'6 with a flat deck it you could really feel the difference between a flat and domed deck. At first it felt less stable but about 5 minutes or so I had adjusted and it nearly felt normal (narrower and shorter than my board). Requires slightly different foot placement when paddling normally, you need to put your feet closer to the middle of the board. Having said that I really liked the board. Really quick, lively and skatey. Very good construction. I rode it in quad mode. Hope that helps in some way.

p.s. I hope Luís Enrique Martínez García can guide FC Barca to the title this year

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Have Rrd Super sup V2 or Cosmo a flat deck?" started by Rigodon