Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Jimmy Lewis Hover Craft Foil Board

Created by Jimmy Lewis Boards > 9 months ago, 30 Jun 2017
30 Jun 2017 5:56PM
Thumbs Up

Well there's certainly been a lot of chatter about the new sport of "foil boarding" on Seabrezze lately (yes I know Laird & friends were doing it a few years ago but they were in snowboard boots & getting towed in to open ocean swells)....
Because it's all so new & progressing at a ridiculous rate everyone has their own take on it which is great...
I must admit it is the most challenging, scary & exciting new way to catch waves that I've experienced in a long time & I did think I had a board for every occasion until now...
My mate Cocho & I started behind a boat a couple of weeks ago & now search for foil specific waves every day & it's all we talk about...I don't think it's going to be for everyone & it's a wild learning curve & you have to be prepared to take some punishment but we think it's all worthwhile....
The new Jimmy Lewis Hover Board certainly makes the learning curve that much easier because the board is Foil specific....It's super stable & easy to paddle & comes already fitted with a tuttle box...We're both using the GoFoil Kai foil...
Cocho's riding the 7'9 & I'm riding a 7'6 Hover Craft & I've never travelled so fast across a wave in my life...
If you want to add a new dimension to your surfing I'd seriously recommend giving it a go....The only problem is you can't just demo a board & think you'll get it on your first few goes...It'll take commitment but it's well worth it...

Stev0
419 posts
1 Jul 2017 4:43PM
Thumbs Up

Specs?...

colas
4986 posts
2 Jul 2017 12:04AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Jimmy Lewis Boards said..
The only problem is you can't just demo a board & think you'll get it on your first few goes...It'll take commitment but it's well worth it...

So true... I must say it is a bit frustrating to discourage other SUPers at the peak wanting to just try your gear, by fear of them hurting themselves and get disgusted by being unprepared.

Nice smooth lines on this board, btw!

2 Jul 2017 5:31PM
Thumbs Up

HI SteveO,
There are the following models in the Hover Craft available-
7'3"x30"x3.75" (105L)
7'9"x32"x4.1" (130L)
8'5"x33.5"x4" (144L)

AlexF
484 posts
5 Jul 2017 11:53PM
Thumbs Up

Would this board work for classic waveriding if it had finboxes?
Would be the mulit purpose tool.
Maximised by strapplug positions for windsurfing, masttrack and a second tuttlebox at the back ;-)
Alex

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Jimmy Lewis Hover Craft Foil Board" started by Jimmy Lewis Boards