Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Jimmy Lewis Super Frank

Created by Rossall > 9 months ago, 18 Feb 2017
GizzieNZ
4100 posts
7 Jun 2017 12:01PM
Thumbs Up

But i am old and don't grasp the appeal of very short boards. But I do find it delightful when you guys are struggling to catch waves and I am on my PSH 12'6 picking off the best of the sets before they even get to you

Rossall
WA, 690 posts
20 Nov 2017 1:47PM
Thumbs Up

Having picked up one of the first Super Franks of the production line I thought I would update this thread after 8 Months on the water.
The SF 8 x 32 has become my go to board for all occasions, been out in 1 ft slop to well overhead and the SF seems to handle everything just fine. I thought it would be slightly bouncy in the larger stuff but seems to handle a broad spectrum of conditions really well. Construction wise, well it's a Jimmy Lewis so enough said J .. Anxious to try a few of the other sizes now though as its sooooo stable, the lean versions 8ft x 30 or 8ft6 x 30 look interesting has anyone been on one ????

I wish I was a team rider for JL so paid full price :-(

Phil

20 Nov 2017 5:51PM
Thumbs Up

Glad you're loving your Super Frank Phil...I'm sure you would be fine on the "lean" as everyone who has jumped on them has been surprised at the stability...I had my 7'6 at a recent demo day & guys who came to try the 8'0 were blown away by the stability of the 7'6...I couldn't get it back off them...I'm sure I can work something out for you :)

Rossall
WA, 690 posts
20 Nov 2017 8:59PM
Thumbs Up

Sounds tempting Rob but will need to check with the financial director in the house ??

22 Nov 2017 5:49PM
Thumbs Up

Haha yes a common problem Phil :(

808-Obsession
QLD, 440 posts
22 Nov 2017 7:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Rossall said..
Sounds tempting Rob but will need to check with the financial director in the house ??

It's always an interesting debate, really...all of a sudden the aggregated expense of 10 new pieces of 'the latest on-point' clothing at ~$200 a pop doesn't add up to a one-off purchase of a new SUP with a similar overall value...never mind - happy wife happy life, as the saying goes

Rossall
WA, 690 posts
22 Nov 2017 10:50PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
808-Obsession said..

Rossall said..

It's always an interesting debate, really...all of a sudden the aggregated expense of 10 new pieces of 'the latest on-point' clothing at ~$200 a pop doesn't add up to a one-off purchase of a new SUP with a similar overall value...never mind - happy wife happy life, as the saying goes

Yeah even the Tiffany perfume for Christmas would only cover the deck pad ?? I need to come up with a different approach (again)

805StandUp
128 posts
22 Nov 2017 11:26PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
808-Obsession said..

Rossall said..

Kind of funny but when I first fell in love with SUP, my wife wouldn't let me get one because she thought the interest would fade! After spending $600 on rentals, I didn't ask permission... it is now 5 years and a full quiver later...good thing she forgave me as I would hate to have to choose between surfing and a wife. ;)

Carbs79
NSW, 67 posts
23 Nov 2017 2:20PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
808-Obsession said..

Rossall said..

I thought the saying goes... No wife happy life

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Jimmy Lewis Super Frank" started by Rossall