Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Ke Nalu Konihi paddle blade

Created by GizzieNZ > 9 months ago, 27 Feb 2016
GizzieNZ
4100 posts
27 Feb 2016 9:39AM
Thumbs Up

My Ke nalu X tuff demo paddle finally died after about 3 years......nothing wrong with the X tuff shaft (how could there be!!!) but paddle blade snapped up towards the point where it joins with the shaft
Keen on buying a Konini blade in order to make my shaft feel happy again
Anyone know where I can get one?

McGuane
484 posts
27 Feb 2016 10:02AM
Thumbs Up

GizzieNZ said..
My Ke nalu X tuff demo paddle finally died after about 3 years......nothing wrong with the X tuff shaft (how could there be!!!) but paddle blade snapped up towards the point where it joins with the shaft

Hi Gizzie, You could try here: http://kenalu.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=2&products_id=80
If they'll post to NZ?
Cheers.

Foam
WA, 768 posts
27 Feb 2016 10:05AM
Thumbs Up

Used one on trademe

AndyR
QLD, 1344 posts
27 Feb 2016 8:17PM
Thumbs Up

Briskites stocks them in bris could ship over the ditch for next to nothing surely.

djoblin
99 posts
1 Mar 2016 10:57AM
Thumbs Up

Prepare for a Sting, hopefully Aussie has some they can send you.

We have none in NZ new at the moment only elite blades, but a replacement blade is likely to be upwards of $300 the whole paddle was $699 and that was when our dollar was at 68cents to the USD, we will be bringing in some new stock at some stage but need to wait till the dollar evens out, as you probably don't want to pay $800 for them.

D

Deano72
NSW, 540 posts
3 Mar 2016 3:29PM
Thumbs Up

We've got plenty of them in Oz, in both 84 and 95 sq".
Absolutely awesome race or downwind blade!
The Ho'oloa is better as a surf blade.
There is a NZ distributor.....I'd recommend you contact them and if they are unable to help you out, shoot me a private message.
Plenty of info on the Aussie Ke Nalu website.

GizzieNZ
4100 posts
3 Mar 2016 2:17PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
djoblin said..
Prepare for a Sting, hopefully Aussie has some they can send you.

We have none in NZ new at the moment only elite blades, but a replacement blade is likely to be upwards of $300 the whole paddle was $699 and that was when our dollar was at 68cents to the USD, we will be bringing in some new stock at some stage but need to wait till the dollar evens out, as you probably don't want to pay $800 for them.

D

Thanks for the info djoblin.......paddles are a funny thing. A new sup guy who I sold a board to real cheap and so I thought could afford a decent paddle said "what is a good paddle to buy?" I said Ke Nalu x tuff shaft........but he couldn't comprehend.
I think he's on about his third rubbish paddle purchase.....and wondering why his cheap paddles feel like rubbish ???

djoblin
99 posts
5 Nov 2016 4:34PM
Thumbs Up

Ke Nalu paddles back in stock in all major retailers in NZ Fyi

if your local doesnt have one hit me up on here or on the Kenalu NZ facebook page

Loz79
QLD, 459 posts
5 Nov 2016 9:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
GizzieNZ said...

Go straight to ke nalu website... They have a forever warranty where if you break any component you get a replacement very cheap....

GizzieNZ
4100 posts
6 Nov 2016 11:25AM
Thumbs Up

Still gpt the ke nalu demo paddle loaned out to a local who was paddleless. Was using Carbonerro Bombora (got it second hand about 3 years ago) on my 12'6 PSH in one foot ripples this morning and there was a loud bang......paddle shaft snapped while paddling aggressively for the ripple
Mated the blade up with an ancient Jimmy Lewis fibreglass shaft and its looking good.
Ke Nalu xtuff shaft is hard to beat for durability

GizzieNZ
4100 posts
6 Nov 2016 11:41AM
Thumbs Up

Got to like the carbonerro graphics though.......(just ignore the little people......they just some blow ins from overseas)

djoblin
99 posts
6 Nov 2016 2:35PM
Thumbs Up

GIZZY the Ho Oloa is a freaking awesome paddle for the waves but I think the new Xtuf 74 may beat it!!! next time you wander into auckland look me up and will sort a demo

GizzieNZ
4100 posts
7 Nov 2016 8:26AM
Thumbs Up

the 74 is 10 square inches smaller area than the 84?.........that is a lot smaller. First i am thinking best suited to boy racers on their ultra small boards.
But I guess a higher frequency paddle stroke could be good for bigger boards also......especially in choppy conditions where you need to make subtle changes in direction while trying to maintain board speed when trying to take off in big stuff?

GizzieNZ
4100 posts
7 Nov 2016 8:36AM
Thumbs Up

Had hoped the carbonerro was operating on the hot glue "heat it and pull it apart" system like the Ke Nalu.
Applied gentle heat but nothing happened so had to chip away at things inside the paddle blade socket. All went well though

GizzieNZ
4100 posts
7 Nov 2016 11:11AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
djoblin said..
GIZZY the Ho Oloa is a freaking awesome paddle for the waves but I think the new Xtuf 74 may beat it!!! next time you wander into auckland look me up and will sort a demo

Am slightly confused.......is there an xtuff 74 blade......to be joined up with an xtuff shaft......as opposed to a 74 blade that is not an xtuff blade?

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Ke Nalu Konihi paddle blade" started by GizzieNZ