WA, 94 posts
25 Sep 2009 4:30PM
Thumbs Up

would love to hear baout these too

Ponch
NSW, 8 posts
25 Oct 2009 7:01PM
Thumbs Up

Saw them in a shop the other day so they are out there. Does anyone know of demos kicking around. I'm eyeing off the 9'6" as an allrounder. Would love to here from someone who's tested one out.

Mad Dog
NSW, 7 posts
27 Oct 2009 6:54PM
Thumbs Up

Hi 9'6 is unreal.Paddles and surfs like a dream.I am 90kg and 5'8.I was riding a 9'8 uber fish prior.I thought it was great until I hopped on the mctavish.

Ponch
NSW, 8 posts
27 Oct 2009 8:28PM
Thumbs Up

Good to Hear maddog, mines coming this week. I heard someone recommending scratching up the deck grip with a hack saw blade which seems a pretty wacky thing to do to a new product; so hows that deck grip feel once it's wet?

Mad Dog
NSW, 7 posts
29 Oct 2009 4:58PM
Thumbs Up

Ponch said...

Good to Hear maddog, mines coming this week. I heard someone recommending scratching up the deck grip with a hack saw blade which seems a pretty wacky thing to do to a new product; so hows that deck grip feel once it's wet?

Hi Ponch,

I just rode mine without doing anything with the grip.It was a little slippery at first but got better as the surf went on.Another guy I spoke to just rubbed sand on the deck before he went out. No need to do the hacksaw thing.

Had another surf on it this morning as a quad for the third time ,goes unreal.2 mr trx and m5 equiviliant at the back.You will love the board.Only drama is the handle, spoke to those concerned, grip is the major factor , handle should be back slightly and all would be good.Not really a major factor when you consider how good they paddle and surf.
Enjoy

Ponch
NSW, 8 posts
29 Oct 2009 8:34PM
Thumbs Up

Got the 9'6" today and rushed out for a grovell on dusk at Newport. light onshore windchop with speedbump blueys dotted precariously about; I must admit my mind did entertain thoughts of a wobbly 'first out' finishing with a painful writhe amongst the tenticles.
I'm stepping down from an 11'6 Naish which I had for 3 years so there's a fair board volume drop going on here.
I tend to know straight away if I like a board and there's been a few I've demo'd lately that I was dead set hopeless on but the McT feels like a keeper. The surf was really crap and bumpy but she picked them up more easily than I expected, punched out through the whitewater with ease, was stable enough and paddled in a straight line OK for a 'shortie' (fins were set up 2 +1). So no falls and no blueys makes a good start.
Do I have to go to work tomorrow...

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Mctavish sup" started by Kagey