Created by Jimmy Lewis Boards > 9 months ago, 6 Nov 2018
CaptainJimbo
160 posts
15 Nov 2019 8:28AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
robg1703 said..
HI CaptainJmbo,
Yes Rod will have the 9'3" Destroyer at Merimbula...

Cheers. I'll see him there!

Hooksey
WA, 556 posts
15 Jul 2020 11:46AM
Thumbs Up

Could some elaborate a bit on the Destroyer performance with a thruster setup vs a quad setup?

estingo
118 posts
11 Jan 2021 3:34AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Jimmy Lewis Boards said..
Hi railbanger,
There's photos of the 7'7 Destroyer at the start of the thread so the 8'0 is nearly identical but just slightly bigger... I've got a customer who just got the 8'0 recently who loves it so I'll ask him to send me a couple of his new board..

Are those pictures from the store in France?

www.actionfun.fr/produit/jimmy-lewis-destroyer-mp/

Or they just use the images for selling and the board is in their showroom. Anyway looks like a fun board!
The 7'7 and the 8'0 maybe I'll get one to upgrade my quiver, awsome reviews

BigZ
173 posts
11 Jan 2021 10:52AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Hooksey said..
Could some elaborate a bit on the Destroyer performance with a thruster setup vs a quad setup?

I have tried a few fin setups on my 8'5. To be honest did not feel a major difference. A little bit more "skatey" with a quad. At the end, I settled on a thruster (Gerry Lopez GL1). One thing for sure, the 2+1 fins that come with the board are not the greatest. Way to big for me - and I am on the bigger side ...

estingo
118 posts
11 Jan 2021 3:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
BigZ said..

Hooksey said..

I have tried a few fin setups on my 8'5. To be honest did not feel a major difference. A little bit more "skatey" with a quad. At the end, I settled on a thruster (Gerry Lopez GL1). One thing for sure, the 2+1 fins that come with the board are not the greatest. Way to big for me - and I am on the bigger side ...

Hi BigZ, I think that's why Supmaori on the previous page of this thread runs it on a thruster set-up with quobba's. L in the front and an M in the back instead of the big center fin that comes along with the board.

wind driven
NSW, 81 posts
25 Jan 2021 11:45AM
Thumbs Up

I have been riding an 8'5 Striker for three or four years now on the N Beaches, fantastic board in all conditions as everyone else has commented. Thinking about progressing to a 7'7 destroyer as I figure the 8' destroyer would not be massively different from the Striker. At 70kg, 5'7 tall and 'early' fifties how much of a step would the 7'7 be? Is it different enough to be a game changer but still manageable (ie not falling off all the time when hanging around out the back waiting)?
My Striker is the one board quiver, would the 7'7 replace this and also work as one board quiver? Sounds like i would not have a problem moving the 8'5 on.
Look forward to everyone's wise words of guidance...

TBM
NSW, 54 posts
25 Jan 2021 4:04PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Wind Driven,
I am the exact weight, height and age as you and have been riding my 7'7" Destroyer for over a year now. Brilliant board and has handled everything I have paddled into. I surf quite a powerful break and it is often quite choppy but the board is stable,fast and manoeuvrable. I run JM quads. Added to the above benefits, the board is only 6.5 kg. I should add, I am fairly fit and have been sup surfing for over 10 years. I hope that helps.

estingo
118 posts
25 Jan 2021 9:01PM
Thumbs Up

Bought recently the 8'0 and after two sessions I can jump on the hype train. After a few more sessions will I give my review on the board as well. Still figuring out the optimal fin set up at the moment (started with the thurster and used the second session the quad). I'm 80kg and it's fairly stable with the 115 liters so someone with experience and 10 liters than me will definitely be able to surf and stand on the 100 liters from the 7'7.

wind driven
NSW, 81 posts
26 Jan 2021 2:04PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks TBM and Estingo for the feedback, sounds like the 7'7 is the right direction

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"NEW 2019 Jimmy Lewis "Destroyer" Model arriving December" started by Jimmy Lewis Boards