Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

NEW Jimmy Lewis Sidewinder 14' Race Board

Created by Jimmy Lewis Boards > 9 months ago, 24 Aug 2016
viatormundi
92 posts
23 Apr 2017 3:46AM
Thumbs Up

I have finally received my Allstar 14x23. Here come some pictures. It is the carbon 2017 model limited edition version.

viatormundi
92 posts
23 Apr 2017 3:57AM
Thumbs Up

And a short video of my son testing it :-)

viatormundi
92 posts
23 Apr 2017 4:07AM
Thumbs Up

I had the opportunity of using the board in various conditions. It is very stable for a 25'' board more stable than my 2014 14x26.5 Allstar for example. It is surprisingly fast on flat water for its shape. I am sure it is slower than a dedicated flat water board such as Sprint but for an allwater board it has good speed on real flat water. The board shines when it gets a bit choppy which is the 90% of the time the condition here in Mallorca, Spain aka Mediterranean. Especially upwind or sidewind it does not slow down as other race boards I had before. The front part of the board just glides over the bumps easily. I did couple of 15 knot downwind session and it catches bumps easily. I like it's flat deck and where I stand it is close to the water. I don't know how much it weighs but less than my previous Allstar.

I am very satisfied with my purchase so far. I was looking for a race board that would work in all conditions especially for the races here in Mediterranean and this board fits the bill. The board looks really nice in the limited edition white version. It is a piece of art.

stubear
36 posts
23 Apr 2017 11:49AM
Thumbs Up

That looks awesome! I have a 14x27 on its way. Should be here toward the end of May - can not wait!

23 Apr 2017 3:35PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Viatormundi,
It looks beautiful on the water but looks more like a Sidewinder than the All-Star :)
Hope you enjoy it & great post thanks...It is the perfect 1 board race quiver...

viatormundi
92 posts
23 Apr 2017 2:39PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Jimmy Lewis Boards said..
Hi Viatormundi,
It looks beautiful on the water but looks more like a Sidewinder than the All-Star :)
Hope you enjoy it & great post thanks...It is the perfect 1 board race quiver...

Oops, can the moderator please change it to Sidewinder? I can't edit my past post. Thx

filet
WA, 18 posts
24 Apr 2017 3:54PM
Thumbs Up

Board looks great! Cheers for the profile pics.
Robs organising me a 25"
This board is a weapon by all accounts and would probably look at home strapped to one of the underwing pylons on this baby...getting excited

24 Apr 2017 6:15PM
Thumbs Up

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"NEW Jimmy Lewis Sidewinder 14' Race Board" started by Jimmy Lewis Boards