Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

NEW Jimmy Lewis Unlimited Race Board

Created by Jimmy Lewis Boards > 9 months ago, 9 Jul 2017
9 Jul 2017 4:45PM
Thumbs Up

I just arrived on Maui in time to unpack my Custom 17'9 x 26" Carbon Jimmy Lewis Unlimited race board with the man himself....
What a beautiful looking board with the usual Jimmy Lewis impeccable finish to it....
We spent the morning rigging up the rudder system & couldn't wait to get it in the water for it's first Maliko run....The wind was pumping...(production versions will be available in time for Summer)
Here's what Jimmy had to say-
Rob Gittoes is the recipient of the first unlimited board I've made. 17'9" X 26" wide. We got the rudder mechanism put together and he did his first run on it today in excellent conditions. Other than a slight learning curve with the rudder, which he's never had experience with, he flew down the coast with long, effortless glides and NO sticking of the front of the board. So, once again folks, it seems I've hit that golden ration of the curves, contours and flow and produced some more of that JL magic on my first go. JL

JEG
VIC, 1469 posts
9 Jul 2017 9:29PM
Thumbs Up

That's nice

viatormundi
92 posts
9 Jul 2017 10:56PM
Thumbs Up

Amazing looking board indeed. Another JL board will be ordered soon I guess

DavidJohn
VIC, 17408 posts
10 Jul 2017 7:50AM
Thumbs Up

Beautiful board.. and interesting steering set up.

Carbs79
NSW, 67 posts
10 Jul 2017 7:51AM
Thumbs Up

Looks good Rob, got some more pics of rudder set up and rocker profile?

rodriguez
VIC, 883 posts
10 Jul 2017 12:09PM
Thumbs Up

Sweet.

21 Jul 2017 12:41PM
Thumbs Up

Jimmy Lewis' NEW 17'9 Unlimited "Rail" board is a dream to paddle & the perfect board for my first channel crossing in the M2M...
Production boards will be available this summer in Oz....

viatormundi
92 posts
21 Jul 2017 5:14PM
Thumbs Up

Looks interesting. Can you tell us more about the design and the steering system?

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"NEW Jimmy Lewis Unlimited Race Board" started by Jimmy Lewis Boards