Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

NSP 14' Downwind VS. SIC V2

Created by excav8ter > 9 months ago, 26 Mar 2016
excav8ter
536 posts
4 Jun 2016 10:58PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Al Hunter... have you ever seen the True Ames Squirrel Tail fin? Any thoughts?

Al Hunter
NSW, 367 posts
5 Jun 2016 4:10PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
excav8ter said..
Thanks Al Hunter... have you ever seen the True Ames Squirrel Tail fin? Any thoughts?

I went on their website
Could not see the squirrel tail
I saw the squirrel cutaway. But that's not what I had in mind, rather the opposite , we are looking for a lot less area at the tip of the fin

excav8ter
536 posts
5 Jun 2016 7:48PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Al Hunter said...
excav8ter said..

I went on their website
Could not see the squirrel tail
I saw the squirrel cutaway. But that's not what I had in mind, rather the opposite , we are looking for a lot less area at the tip of the fin

Yes. The Squirrel Cutaway is what i meant....sorry.

I have been looking at the SUP Gladiator fins from Larry Allison @ Fibre Glass Fin Co. too. I am leaning towards the Hybrid model.

yugi
85 posts
5 Jun 2016 8:33PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Area10 said..
... The interaction between person, board and conditions is a complex one for sure.

Seems pretty simple to me. Peeps like the board they are used to.

BTW Re Naish Glide Mk2
what does Mk2 stand for?

SUPerD
182 posts
6 Jun 2016 12:27AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
yugi said...
Area10 said..
... The interaction between person, board and conditions is a complex one for sure.

BTW Re Naish Glide Mk2
what does Mk2 stand for?

It's the 2012/13 version, the first was the 2010/11. Both were shaped by the late Harold Iggy. The V2, or Mk2 is arguably the best 14' downwind board ever.. If you can adapt to its nuances..

Area10
1508 posts
6 Jun 2016 5:05AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
yugi said...
Area10 said..

Dunno about that. It's pretty obvious to me when I try a board that is better than the ones I already own. I have owned - and used a lot - several boards that have infuriated the hell out of me. If anything, the more I used them the worse they seemed to me, because their flaws became so obvious.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"NSP 14' Downwind VS. SIC V2" started by excav8ter