Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

New Board Custom Smik Froth

Created by SUPSMURF > 9 months ago, 24 Mar 2018
SUPSMURF
NSW, 164 posts
24 Mar 2018 9:05PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks so much to Scotty for my Custom Smik Hipster Twin. It came out sweet. 'Not affiliated with the brand'. Scotty's patience and assistance during the design phase needs to be recognized. I wanted a blue camo pattern and Scotty just came up with this awesome design after a few goes.
Rider dimensions - 5'6" at 67kg
Board Details - 7'7", 28" wide at 93 litres. I wanted something that was stable in all conditions and I reckon Scotty nailed it.
Can't wait to get amongst it

smh
NSW, 7269 posts
24 Mar 2018 11:18PM
Thumbs Up

I want one. I emailed Scott about one of these the other day .

thegreatsup
502 posts
25 Mar 2018 6:05AM
Thumbs Up

Looks badass! I always wanted a camo board too.

Looks like a tonne of vee in these? Solid 2/5 of the boaRd long?

scott mckerc
WA, 283 posts
25 Mar 2018 3:09PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
benjl said..
Looks badass! I always wanted a camo board too.

Looks like a tonne of vee in these? Solid 2/5 of the boaRd long?

Bit of an optical illusion there Benjl.
There's actually a double that's within the single with the V coming in behind the front fins

Johndesu
NSW, 549 posts
25 Mar 2018 11:02PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
supgman said..
Thanks so much to Scotty for my Custom Smik Hipster Twin. It came out sweet. 'Not affiliated with the brand'. Scotty's patience and assistance during the design phase needs to be recognized. I wanted a blue camo pattern and Scotty just came up with this awesome design after a few goes.
Rider dimensions - 5'6" at 67kg
Board Details - 7'7", 28" wide at 93 litres. I wanted something that was stable in all conditions and I reckon Scotty nailed it.
Can't wait to get amongst it

Hi there
Looks good, after you ride it please let us know how it goes, also how it compares to the 7.6 Jp etc.?:-)

beached57
54 posts
25 Mar 2018 10:53PM
Thumbs Up

man, i'd love to get that hipster twin in the 8'0 size to replace my slowly dying Hypernut. love that tapered tail. but no USA dealers...boo!

SUPSMURF
NSW, 164 posts
26 Mar 2018 7:11AM
Thumbs Up

Will do John. I plan to give it a solid go in whatever Ulladulla decides to give over Easter

cbigsup
454 posts
27 Mar 2018 5:25AM
Thumbs Up

Saw the pic on instagram. Looks awesome! Let us know how you get on with it!

SunnyBouy
473 posts
27 Mar 2018 3:16PM
Thumbs Up

Gotta love that !

cbigsup
454 posts
2 Apr 2018 8:37AM
Thumbs Up

After many conversations with Scotty who was extremely patient with a 70 year olde fahrte I have placed an order.

Rumor has it he is delivering some boards to the states after the ice has melted!

Can't wait to get my hands on this bad boy! Official geezer froth warning has been issued!

SUPSMURF
NSW, 164 posts
9 Apr 2018 6:04PM
Thumbs Up

Finally had a chance to get the beast wet over the weekend and can now share my thoughts, well stoke actually.
The Smik Hipster Twin has definitely lived up to the hype. This board is stable for its size (7'7" long at 28" wide at 93 litres), glides really well, accelerates fast and is really manoeuvrable.
Moreover, the build quality and overall finish of the product is exceptional.
If I had to morph 2 boards in to one that I have owned, then it would be the 7'6" JP Pro and 7'2" JP Slate. It takes the best of both of these boards and just mashes them into one, in my opinion. It surfs as good if not a little better when compared to the 7'6" JP Pro and has the glide, acceleration and stability of the Slate.
If you have a chance to ride one of these Smik's then do yourself a favour. I think Scotty is on to something here
P.S. the graphics on this board are killer and the colours really pop in the sun. I had at least 2 comments regarding the design before I even got it into the water!!!

cbigsup
454 posts
9 Apr 2018 9:55PM
Thumbs Up

Great to hear that it works as good as it looks. Am going to torment a JP buddy with your observations!

EmilieAdriaa
QLD, 2 posts
19 Apr 2018 12:05PM
Thumbs Up

HEy looks awesome
i am interested in getting one that would be similar to the 7'6" jp surf pro . Could I get more information about what's available where and prices? Thanks
emilie 0455872583

Bender
WA, 2221 posts
19 Apr 2018 10:50AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
EmilieAdriaa said..
HEy looks awesome
i am interested in getting one that would be similar to the 7'6" jp surf pro . Could I get more information about what's available where and prices? Thanks
emilie 0455872583

Hi get in touch with Scotty through the Smik website or PM him on face book. He responds pretty quickly usually.

cbigsup
454 posts
20 Apr 2018 2:36AM
Thumbs Up

Very responsive. I used messenger on FB. No worries. Once we sussed out the time differences!

Tang
VIC, 580 posts
24 Apr 2018 4:18PM
Thumbs Up

Scott surfs very well, so no surprises his boards go like they do

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"New Board Custom Smik Froth" started by SUPSMURF