Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

New Custom Jimmy Lewis Foilboard

Created by Jimmy Lewis Boards > 9 months ago, 11 Feb 2017
11 Feb 2017 4:56PM
Thumbs Up

Because everyone enjoyed Jimmy's videos on his construction process I thought i'd show my NEW 7'6 x 30" Custom Jimmy Lewis Foilboard being shaped & finished right now in Jimmy's factory in Maui.....Can't wait to get it :)
Hey Ya Rob, Here's some pictures of your foil board, so far. I had both sides glassed already when I got your request for photos of the construction process. So the first one shows the top after the deck lamination. You can see the carbon patches. The second photo shows the overlap before I trimmed it. The third shows the overlap trimmed. Then there's Marlon routing the hole for the Tuttle box and the last one shows the Tuttle box installed. More tomorrow! Aloha, Jimmy

Hey Rob, Here's three pictures showing what I did today on your board. First one shows all the holes cut into the deck for the inserts for the foot straps, the leash plug and the insert for the vent screw. Second shows all the stuff layed out before it's epoxied in and the last shows all of the stuff epoxied in. Tomorrow I grind it all flush and cap it, which means I put two layers of glass over the top of all of this stuff. Aloha, Jimmy

samthompson001
11 posts
14 Feb 2017 8:52AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for the details, Jimmy! Love your posts. It's awesome watching these get made.

Surfrod66
NSW, 665 posts
15 Feb 2017 7:27AM
Thumbs Up

7"6 might be a bit to long for your weight

15 Feb 2017 8:59PM
Thumbs Up

Hey Rod, thought I'd start on that size as I want to be able to paddle it around & out to the break (especially breaks that are a long way out)...New production JL Foilboards will be 7'3 & 7'9 & available around May

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"New Custom Jimmy Lewis Foilboard" started by Jimmy Lewis Boards