Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

New Sunova Custom (not mine)

Created by SunnyBouy > 9 months ago, 22 May 2019
SunnyBouy
473 posts
22 May 2019 8:28PM
Thumbs Up

Hi,
So a mate of mines gone and had a custom Sunova made and it looks awesome from the pics. I haven't seen it in the flesh yet, but will soon and I'll post some more pics then..
Its called the Shregg (Shroom/Flow/Soul) mix..

billekrub
122 posts
23 May 2019 12:59AM
Thumbs Up

A Shroom with more range? Modest rocker? Needs less wave, but can handle a bit more wave?

SunnyBouy
473 posts
23 May 2019 1:05AM
Thumbs Up

I guess it sort of is yeah.

TBH I don't know anymore about it, but looking forward to seeing it and getting hold of the Dims.

The guy surfs some short chop so maybe he took the best of the nose/tail from the Flow/Soul and shape, then added volume and grip from the Shroom. It's short at 7'3, but he does have a 7'6 Speeed and is a very good surfer....

As I said, I didn't know he was getting it made so I'm a bit in the dark.. I don't think the guys on here so hope I haven't spoiled his fun

Anyway, more info to follow when I have it..

808-Obsession
QLD, 440 posts
23 May 2019 6:21AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
SunnyBouy said..
I guess it sort of is yeah.

TBH I don't know anymore about it, but looking forward to seeing it and getting hold of the Dims.

The guy surfs some short chop so maybe he took the best of the nose/tail from the Flow/Soul and shape, then added volume and grip from the Shroom. It's short at 7'3, but he does have a 7'6 Speeed and is a very good surfer....

As I said, I didn't know he was getting it made so I'm a bit in the dark.. I don't think the guys on here so hope I haven't spoiled his fun

Anyway, more info to follow when I have it..

Looks like 83L - 7'6" x 28ish x 3 1/8"? Great looking board and love the 'Shroom step-deck

FRP
491 posts
23 May 2019 10:23AM
Thumbs Up

Please ! Please stop posting pictures of such beautiful boards!............there is an empty spot on my board rack that is calling........

Linkus
52 posts
28 May 2019 10:40PM
Thumbs Up

The deck of the Shroom: unbeatable.

exiled
362 posts
27 Jun 2019 7:24AM
Thumbs Up

Any more details about this board? I kinda think its a cooler concept than some of the other stuff Sunova is rolling out as regular production.

ghost4man
408 posts
27 Jun 2019 9:00AM
Thumbs Up

Use to love board designs like this - until you have a ding which then requires repairs and is a real pain in the butt to try and match the existing colours.

SunnyBouy
473 posts
28 Jun 2019 1:43AM
Thumbs Up

I don't have any more details yet, sorry.
We're due to meet up soon, so I'll update you all then.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"New Sunova Custom (not mine)" started by SunnyBouy