Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

New Sunova Style [ Video ]

Created by Casso > 9 months ago, 18 Apr 2019
Casso
NSW, 3764 posts
18 Apr 2019 3:56PM
Thumbs Up

I got my hands on a new, more performance oriented, 10'0" Sunova Style. Runs well...

Eski
WA, 60 posts
18 Apr 2019 2:51PM
Thumbs Up

Stylin!

dk78
141 posts
18 Apr 2019 3:20PM
Thumbs Up

Great video! What is the width of this Style?

Slatz
NSW, 181 posts
18 Apr 2019 5:29PM
Thumbs Up

that first bottom turn is insane.....full soul arch
Nice surfing for the rest of the vid too.
You have got me psyched - that's it....I'm shaping myself another 10fter

Tardy
4920 posts
18 Apr 2019 5:47PM
Thumbs Up

Another great vid casso, I like your style man

Nugdam
QLD, 600 posts
18 Apr 2019 8:13PM
Thumbs Up

Any more info on this said style?

Annnd love those waves. I need some of those!

supsean
200 posts
18 Apr 2019 9:48PM
Thumbs Up

Nice video. Do those waves ever break?

supthecreek
2583 posts
19 Apr 2019 12:20PM
Thumbs Up

Casso looking good AGAIN.... yeeewwww!

Laying it on a rail !

Casso
NSW, 3764 posts
19 Apr 2019 5:32PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
dk78 said..

10' x 26.5" x 3.625" x 108L

Brenno
QLD, 890 posts
19 Apr 2019 10:31PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Casso said..

dk78 said..

10' x 26.5" x 3.625" x 108L

26.5?
Man WTF?
Out of control

cbigsup
454 posts
19 Apr 2019 9:31PM
Thumbs Up

Ripping! Less literage and narrower than my 8'2"!
Mad skills mate!

SunnyBouy
473 posts
19 Apr 2019 11:10PM
Thumbs Up

FRP
491 posts
20 Apr 2019 12:25AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Casso

Wonderful surfing. Thanks for the video.

I know this may be a difficult question but can you estimate what a comparable stability of this board with another Sunova model such as the Creek or Speeed and size of Creek or Speeed that would have close to the same stability?

Also is this slimmer model of the Style moving away from nose riding?

cheers

Bob

MangoDingo
NT, 891 posts
20 Apr 2019 7:40AM
Thumbs Up

Ripping Cassoooohhh!!!
sick waves!!!
filth

Funnsurfn
NSW, 310 posts
21 Apr 2019 5:27AM
Thumbs Up

Rider, waves and board on point Casso. Congratulations on the new baby.

billekrub
123 posts
21 Apr 2019 7:37AM
Thumbs Up

Amazing rider.

Why do the turns struggle to stay near the shoulder of the wave? And the board speed seems soooo slow compared to other Casso videos? Even at extreme banking, the board does not turn much, and it certainly shows no sign of accelerating when turning, at least to me.

Part of it is the nature of this slow, friendly wave. Doesn't the wave need a faster board more agile board? He spends most of his time in slow motion trying to cutback.

surfinJ
663 posts
21 Apr 2019 7:51PM
Thumbs Up

26.5 & 108l Yowza, respect. Must be loose as a goose.

Casso
NSW, 3764 posts
22 Apr 2019 5:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
FRP said..
Hi Casso

I know this may be a difficult question but can you estimate what a comparable stability of this board with another Sunova model such as the Creek or Speeed and size of Creek or Speeed that would have close to the same stability?

cheers

Bob

Hey Bob,

The 26.5" width makes it a bit unstable but it's still a fraction more stable than my 7'11" Speeed (which is my most stable short SUP). My 7'10" Creek is definitely harder to stand on than this narrow 10' Style.

I haven't waxed the nose yet as I wasn't sure if I'd be using the front couple of feet but it has surprised me how easy it is to get up there, even with a slippery surface.

Casso
NSW, 3764 posts
22 Apr 2019 5:46PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
billekrub said..
Amazing rider.

Why do the turns struggle to stay near the shoulder of the wave? And the board speed seems soooo slow compared to other Casso videos? Even at extreme banking, the board does not turn much, and it certainly shows no sign of accelerating when turning, at least to me.

Part of it is the nature of this slow, friendly wave. Doesn't the wave need a faster board more agile board? He spends most of his time in slow motion trying to cutback.

Well it is a 10 footer. The turns are definitely going to be more drawn out and slower than those I would've done on my 7'10" Creek or 7'11" Speeed in the same waves.

My Creek would've probably been the best choice out there that day but I was stinging to get the new baby wet and wanted to shoot some video for you all to see.

bomberdave
VIC, 396 posts
22 Apr 2019 8:06PM
Thumbs Up

Casso,
Not the Flash ??? DO I read it that for normal day to day surfing you prefer the creek, speed or style over the flash???

Casso
NSW, 3764 posts
22 Apr 2019 10:40PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bomberdave said..
Casso,
Not the Flash ??? DO I read it that for normal day to day surfing you prefer the creek, speed or style over the flash???

I don't have a Flash

FRP
491 posts
23 Apr 2019 2:00AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Casso said..

FRP said..
Hi Casso

cheers

Bob

Hey Bob,

The 26.5" width makes it a bit unstable but it's still a fraction more stable than my 7'11" Speeed (which is my most stable short SUP). My 7'10" Creek is definitely harder to stand on than this narrow 10' Style.

I haven't waxed the nose yet as I wasn't sure if I'd be using the front couple of feet but it has surprised me how easy it is to get up there, even with a slippery surface.

Thanks Casso

This is exactly the info I was looking for. I will be looking for a 9'6" to 10' long board SUP to add to the quiver. Likely a Style and will go with 29" wide. Just sold my 14' downwind board and now will list the 8'10" Skate. The Style would compliment my Speeed and Creek well.

Cheers

Bob

Casso
NSW, 3764 posts
23 Apr 2019 8:52PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
FRP said..

Casso said..

FRP said..
Hi Casso

cheers

Bob

Hey Bob,

Thanks Casso

This is exactly the info I was looking for. I will be looking for a 9'6" to 10' long board SUP to add to the quiver. Likely a Style and will go with 29" wide. Just sold my 14' downwind board and now will list the 8'10" Skate. The Style would compliment my Speeed and Creek well.

Cheers

Bob

Style, Speeed and Creek - epic combination!

Casso
NSW, 3764 posts
23 Apr 2019 9:12PM
Thumbs Up

Goes great in ordinary conditions too...

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"New Sunova Style [ Video ]" started by Casso