Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Pics of DC 14'' race board line up

Created by NaluSurf > 9 months ago, 19 Jan 2017
NaluSurf
VIC, 23 posts
19 Jan 2017 9:50PM
Thumbs Up

Been plenty of questions and conversations about the DC line up. Here's some quick pics showing the three models for 2017 - Ninja, Sonic, Puma. Those this may be of interest.

We've been wrapped with the performance of all the boards - this Sunday at Eastern Beach in Geelong, Victoria we'll have the boards laid out - The 2017 Ninja and 2016 Downwind boards available for a paddle - noon to 5pm - or you can be on contact at anytime to arrange a time to inspect or go for a paddle

cheers
nalu surf - 0458 58 78 68
www.nalusurf.com.au

Ninja, Sonic, Puma

Ninja, Sonic, Puma

Puma, Sonic then Ninja

Ninja, Sonic, Puma

Nalu Surf fleet ;)

Krist
QLD, 288 posts
19 Jan 2017 10:27PM
Thumbs Up

Paddled the 26 sonic today 6'2 100kg 2 years supping found it amazingly stable more so then the maliko or falcon probably due to the lower centre of gravity (dugout ) even though I am not a step back turn kinda guy I found myself feeling so confident in the stability I was able to do it with ease I like the sloping tail deck great idea .Construction wise it felt solid and stiff very impressive board all round. On the flat water it had a bit of a nose slap but hey it's a ocean going board and I tell you what I would feel super comfortable going off shore in this beast I didn't even come close to going for a swim you would nearly have to stand on the tub rail to tip it. Now if I could only get my hands on a Ace 27 for a comparison that would be

Yardsale
66 posts
20 Jan 2017 3:58AM
Thumbs Up

Some of these picture labels are confusing... The Puma is a flat deck and in a couple of photos you show canoe style. any chance you can post a side profile of Puma? Thanks. :)

Krist
QLD, 288 posts
20 Jan 2017 2:10PM
Thumbs Up

NaluSurf what would be the closest comparison stability wise to the sonic 26 the 25 or 27 in the ninja cheers

swimarko
49 posts
20 Jan 2017 2:43PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Yardsale said..
Some of these picture labels are confusing... The Puma is a flat deck and in a couple of photos you show canoe style. any chance you can post a side profile of Puma? Thanks. :)

Puma has dug out deck design and pin tail. I find the easiest way to recognize by sideway profile - the only one which has pin tail cut perpendicular to the deck. Guys...? Right?

Yardsale
66 posts
23 Jan 2017 5:09AM
Thumbs Up

swimarko said..

Yardsale said..

Puma has dug out deck design and pin tail. I find the easiest way to recognize by sideway profile - the only one which has pin tail cut perpendicular to the deck. Guys...? Right?

Nope, unless they're labeled different in OZ http://www.nspsurfboards.com/2017/race/race-puma/

Krist
QLD, 288 posts
23 Jan 2017 10:35PM
Thumbs Up

Slight recess

NaluSurf
VIC, 23 posts
24 Jan 2017 11:57AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Krist said..
NaluSurf what would be the closest comparison stability wise to the sonic 26 the 25 or 27 in the ninja cheers

Hi Kirst - don't have an answer for this sorry as we haven't paddle both 25 and 27 Ninja. Would imagine if you like the 26 Sonic the 25 Ninja would be the right compliment as less rocker puts more board immediately in the water which gives that extra bit of width and you are more likely to be on flat water.

Make sense? Have found the less rocker puts more width of board in the water so increased stability.

NaluSurf
VIC, 23 posts
24 Jan 2017 11:58AM
Thumbs Up

HI everyone,

After we posted our photos we also got confused about the Puma board we have received. It doesn't match what's online and what we expected.
We are trying to sort out this mystery with NSP/DC and will be back to you when we have it solved!!

Krist
QLD, 288 posts
25 Jan 2017 12:15AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
NaluSurf said..

Krist said..

Hi Kirst - don't have an answer for this sorry as we haven't paddle both 25 and 27 Ninja. Would imagine if you like the 26 Sonic the 25 Ninja would be the right compliment as less rocker puts more board immediately in the water which gives that extra bit of width and you are more likely to be on flat water.

Make sense? Have found the less rocker puts more width of board in the water so increased stability.

Makes absolute sense , I gotta stop typing while I am thinking that's the problem . One thing at a time as the wife says

Krist
QLD, 288 posts
25 Jan 2017 12:16AM
Thumbs Up

Keep coming back to this thread to check the boards out that's the truth

cbigsup
454 posts
25 Jan 2017 4:29AM
Thumbs Up

The 12'6" Puma and 14' Puma have completely different tails just to make it even more interesting.

Mondo bizarre!

NaluSurf
VIC, 23 posts
25 Jan 2017 10:20AM
Thumbs Up

OK.....
The board is a 2016 DC Ocean Race Pro Brushed Carbon. Which got packaged and incorrectly labelled at the factory and sent to us.

Sooooo...
mystery solved and hopefully the comparisons in rocker lines etc are still informative

Any other Qs or if you'd like to take a board for a spin just let us know
cheers!

Krist
QLD, 288 posts
14 Feb 2017 11:45PM
Thumbs Up

I am fond of this thread so how do I flag it so I can come back at will ? Never mind face palm

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Pics of DC 14'' race board line up" started by NaluSurf