Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Quickblade V Drive

Created by Brenno > 9 months ago, 22 Jan 2018
Brenno
QLD, 890 posts
22 Jan 2018 9:58AM
Thumbs Up

Quickblade V Drive Vector Net or V Drive Hybrid.
Does anyone use either of these paddles, and can provide some feedback please?
I have a QB kanaha all carbon, a great paddle that has endured some punishment, but wondering if these have a bit more flex in the shaft? Maybe a tad easier on the joints?
Cheers

surftahoe
7 posts
24 Jan 2018 7:46AM
Thumbs Up

I have a adjustable hybrid v drive which I have raced three times. The adjustable shaft is carbon. It feels slightly softer than the Werner Grandprix in a similar size. I can't tell you if it is the shaft or the blade shape. The adjustable hybrid v drive does feel heavier than the all carbon Grand Prix. I'd like to try racing a tapered shaft, all carbon v drive to get the best of all worlds, except cost.

baddog
256 posts
25 Jan 2018 2:01AM
Thumbs Up

The V-Drive has the heaviest lock on the paddle catch which covers technique flaws but is also hard on the body. It also paddles larger then the listed size, e.g. my 91 V-Drive felt much bigger and it's also the reason V-Drives now come in the smaller 71 and 81 si versions.

Shaft stiffness is irrespective of the blade construction. The Vector and Hybrid construction refers to the blade construction only. I run both full carbon and glass blades with the glass having more a bit more give then the full carbon. I'd guess the Vector and Hybrid blades sit right in between.

If you're close to the 70kg mark, I highly recommend getting a Flyweight shaft, it's a perfect fit in the V-Drives and definitely a bit softer all around.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Quickblade V Drive" started by Brenno