Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

SMIK Style Lord / Stylemaster ride

Created by Slab > 9 months ago, 3 Nov 2018
Slab
1061 posts
3 Nov 2018 10:42PM
Thumbs Up

interested in these two boards ....the 10 x30 versions. Anyone surfed both a fair bit and give me some kind of comparison on them? Similar dims and litres but looks like different rocker.

calbs
SA, 86 posts
5 Nov 2018 1:00AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Slab,
I'm riding the Smik stylelord 10x30 135ltrs .I have a variety of different sized boards but now after owning this board
they don't get out much unless kids are coming with me for a sesh.
Board is very stable great in all conditions handles chop so can get out even when winds into it.
The stylelord with its nice tail rocker enables it to turn effortlessly.
Nice blend of nose rocker perfect for nose riding and enough to stop nose catching on later take offs
This board is what supping is all about very versatile great up on the nose and then get back on tail for some nice carves.
Cant comment on Style master not tried.
Checkout Scotty mcKercher riding it.

Good luck on search calbs

JEG
VIC, 1469 posts
5 Nov 2018 8:36AM
Thumbs Up

Slab, you've seen my story of the sytemaster www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Stand-Up-Paddle/Review/2018-Fanatic-Stylemaster-pure-10--x-30-?page=1#8

if your worried about low rocker board's, anticipate the wave and angle you board on late drops. I took the stylemaster on the low tide reef and was surprise and combine with the longboard glide it was fun.

johndg
WA, 206 posts
5 Nov 2018 8:48AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Slab. I have the Stylemaster and it is a great board. it does lots well and is very versatile. I have a friend with the 2017 StyleLord which has higher volume and have ridden it. These are 2 very different boards in design and feel a little different. I would try and demo if possible. What ever way you decide both boards will be fun.

Nugdam
QLD, 600 posts
5 Nov 2018 4:33PM
Thumbs Up

How do these boards go for stability? The 10x 29 or 30 stylelord always caught my eye. I reckon they'd be a fun point break board

Slab
1061 posts
5 Nov 2018 7:13PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
johndg said..
Hi Slab. I have the Stylemaster and it is a great board. it does lots well and is very versatile. I have a friend with the 2017 StyleLord which has higher volume and have ridden it. These are 2 very different boards in design and feel a little different. I would try and demo if possible. What ever way you decide both boards will be fun.

Johng......thanks for feedback. They've reduced the volume of the SMIK to same as the Stylemaster......but guess they do ride a bit different.

johndg
WA, 206 posts
6 Nov 2018 8:49AM
Thumbs Up

I think they will ride a bit different for sure. One board will do some things a little better than the other and the opposite. As you learn the board you will adapt to it and test your limits. To be general I don think you are going to unhappy with either of these boards so I would not worry too much about it. The biggest variable I think is the rider and that is where you will get most improvement.

Slab
1061 posts
6 Nov 2018 12:43PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
johndg said..
I think they will ride a bit different for sure. One board will do some things a little better than the other and the opposite. As you learn the board you will adapt to it and test your limits. To be general I don think you are going to unhappy with either of these boards so I would not worry too much about it. The biggest variable I think is the rider and that is where you will get most improvement.

Oh yes, the rider........best say nothing about him lol!

rgmacca
392 posts
13 Nov 2018 6:53AM
Thumbs Up

Hi
i have a stylemaster 10, think it's the 2016 version.
Really nice board, nothing I don't like about its performance really, nice thinned out rails, go to board at min.

Negative is paint chips off easy, too easy for my liking.

Not tried smik.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"SMIK Style Lord / Stylemaster ride" started by Slab