Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Simon Anderson 10' x 32" carrier

Created by caltrano > 9 months ago, 13 Mar 2012
caltrano
VIC, 87 posts
13 Mar 2012 10:10PM
Thumbs Up

I am 104 kg and 6'

I have really enjoyed surfing for many years and for the last 18months have loved getting on my sup and catching a wave most weekends although kids sport and winter slow me down more than I like. A new steamer should help.

I have narrowed down the search to a SA 10' board as I think I still need some width and love the channels on my existing board so I am hoping that the carrier will help me progress my surfing.

Anyone got any feedback on these boards

Deano72
NSW, 540 posts
13 Mar 2012 10:54PM
Thumbs Up

I've got a couple of mates that have one of these each.
Nice and stable for someone of your stature.
I've ridden them quite a bit in smallish waves.....they are good fun for a cruisy longboard style of surfing.
I used to take my little bloke out on it and catch heaps of waves (both of us together weigh about the same as you).....that's what I call kids sport. Now he wants his own board.

caltrano
VIC, 87 posts
18 Mar 2012 4:43PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks deano

Not much feedback on these boards - great to read the write up on the Luke short board - if 1 was 20kg lighter I would definately have a good look.

The rails and twin concave on the carrier look like they should work and I am hoping the construction is the same as the LS boards.

Still keen to get any feedback or thoughts that I can- all much appreciated

Deano72
NSW, 540 posts
19 Mar 2012 12:28PM
Thumbs Up

The Walk on Water crew are planning on having a van load of demo boards for the Sup Vic surfing weekend a inverloch......Simon Anderson, LSD surfing SUP's and Walk on Water race & downwind boards in various sizes.
If you are keen to try a particular board and you can get down to Inverloch this weekend, I am sure it could be arranged that one is available.
The forecast isn't looking too flash at this stage so I'm not sure which day they are planning on being there.

caltrano
VIC, 87 posts
19 Mar 2012 4:20PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Deano,

Unfortunately Inverloch may be hard this weekend - it would have been good to get to the surf and try the range. Do you know if the guys are coming any closer to Melbourne? It would be great if they were - especially to the Mornington Peninsula would be perfect.
I will try and free up Sunday but I dont like my chances. Saturday is the usual disaster with kids sport.

Thanks Again
Andrew

Deano72
NSW, 540 posts
19 Mar 2012 6:23PM
Thumbs Up

caltrano said...
Do you know if the guys are coming any closer to Melbourne?

I think they might be in Melbourne on the Friday visiting their retailers??.....Inverloch Sat.
One of the Melbourne retailers might have one in stock??.....or I'm sure they could get hold of one if you are keen.

caltrano
VIC, 87 posts
19 Mar 2012 6:40PM
Thumbs Up

Deano,

Thanks for your comments I finally got motivated to get out of the office and headed up to Zak's in Nothcote. It was great to have a chat to Tim and Zak. The guys were very helpful and relaxed. I can grab their board to demo next week. It is out till Saturday. If the demo goes well I will by one of these next week.

I asked about the broken water buffalo board of Steve's and they said that on the whole they have have very little issue with the SA boards so I have reduced my worries over the quality side of things and am now looking forward to giving the board a good trial and years of surfing it to come.

I will still try and get down to Inverloch on the weekend if I can.

Thanks again

Andrew

Gassa
QLD, 272 posts
23 Mar 2012 9:11PM
Thumbs Up

just watch the deck tread on them now they fall to bits quiet quickly other wise good all-rounder but i found the good old whopper a much better board and im 6 4 and 100kg

caltrano
VIC, 87 posts
24 Mar 2012 12:04AM
Thumbs Up

Thx gassa - can cope with the grip stuffing up as long as the board surfs well and does not break - I have most of the boards I have surfed on in the last 20 years and the kids enjoy them so maybe I am soft - reading about the various creases, breaks etc is pretty chilling as I get out my old trigger bros 8' custom board and enjoy a wave with he kids.
I like the look, rails and twin concave base of the carrier - it looks like it should be a great board so keen to hear that people who own them are still enjoying them.
I was anoyed with myself that I didn't buy one that was on eBay 2 weeks ago.
Cheers
Andrew

Deano72
NSW, 540 posts
25 Mar 2012 9:53PM
Thumbs Up

Gassa said...

just watch the deck tread on them now they fall to bits quiet quickly other wise good all-rounder.....

Yeah they tried the diamond pattern last year that was really grippy but didn't last as long as expected.....shame cause it looked the goods.
Back to old faithfull durable grooved stuff this year.....tough as.
Surfed a smaller Simon Anderson yesterday...felt great under foot!!!

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Simon Anderson 10' x 32" carrier" started by caltrano