Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Stonker Surf 9'8" versus Blue Planet 9'6" Noosa

Created by MarkW81 > 9 months ago, 14 Mar 2016
MarkW81
VIC, 85 posts
14 Mar 2016 9:16PM
Thumbs Up

Sorry for another first timer board question. I'm 6', 86 kg and ride longboards. I've learnt to SUP on a 10'6" x 33" x 4+ board (started 5 months ago), which has been great to learn on but I'm looking for something that goes a bit better in surf.

I've tried a BP 9'4" Funstick (found it surfed to much like a short board) and a Fanatic 10' StyleMaster (two sideways tippy). I could paddle and catch waves on both but they are not exactly what I'm after.

I'm after a board that surfs more like a longboard as I generally like cruising down the line and doing big open turns. I'm considering the following boards and interested in feedback from anyone who's ridden/owns either of them.

Stonker Surf 9' 8" x 33" x 4 3⁄4" x 171 L
Blue Planet Noosa/Nalu 9'6" x 30" x 4 1/4" x 154L

Cheers Mark

Leroy13
VIC, 1174 posts
15 Mar 2016 1:09AM
Thumbs Up

I've surfed the stonker 9"8" as a quad and its pretty much an oversized shortboard, absolutely bullet proof. It doesn't surf like a long board. Gocto ije of the Blue Planet pop up ads on Seabreeze and look under boards Rob Stehlik does a critique on most of the boards. Stonker charges $50.00 for a demo if they have them in stock. There is an outlet in Rye as well that might let you demo it. All good boards and very competetively priced. Ockanui (MJ) had a longboard Dèep up for sale on the Supvic FB page. Exactly what you a want

MarkW81
VIC, 85 posts
15 Mar 2016 12:33PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for the info Leroy.

Hoping to take the Stonker for a demo when the conditions are better. Unfortunately they don't have a BP Noosa as a demo at present.

BTW I couldn't find the Deep on the Supvic FB page.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Stonker Surf 9'8" versus Blue Planet 9'6" Noosa" started by MarkW81