Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Sunova Style Fin set up

Created by bomberdave > 9 months ago, 7 Nov 2019
bomberdave
VIC, 396 posts
7 Nov 2019 3:59PM
Thumbs Up

Have been playing around with the fins on my 10' style for a while now. Would like to know what others are finding works and in what conditions....

supthecreek
2583 posts
7 Nov 2019 9:37PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Dave!!!

Great to see you and your lovely wife this summer!
Thank you for fitting me into your trip.... super stoked to meet you both and spend a nice day with you

Last year my center fin dropped out while I was surfing in some head high waves on my Style..... it was a little slippery but fun with just side bites.

I think with bigger "twinzer" style sides and a 4.5" center, you could have some fun

I have been using small centers in my 12' Point Break.... even a tiny 3.5 inch fin in small waves. Super fun and slidey! (pic)
(My Point Break says "Search" on it....but it's the only Point Break that came through without Quad option)

bomberdave
VIC, 396 posts
8 Nov 2019 9:00AM
Thumbs Up

STC Had a ripper time thank you, just a pity it was the only rubbish day all trip... Hope you enjoyed the Tim Tams

MangoDingo
NT, 891 posts
8 Nov 2019 11:28AM
Thumbs Up

Dave man - this is my latest set up on the Style - True Ames 'Wayne Rich Power' 7, with True Ames 3.7 Sides.
The 7 centre gives me good hold and down the line drive and the sides help loosen the 10'6 up to the point where I can make sections and get back to the pocket with good drive.
I'm surfing offshore, knee to waist high waves for most of the Dry season up here and pretty much anything from onshore burgers / to offshore goodness and above from now (November) through to mid-April.

supthecreek
2583 posts
8 Nov 2019 9:58AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
bomberdave said..
STC Had a ripper time thank you, just a pity it was the only rubbish day all trip... Hope you enjoyed the Tim Tams

ha ha... they didn't make it to the highway! S sweet of your wife to make up that Aussie goodie bag for me!

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Sunova Style Fin set up" started by bomberdave