Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Surftech's Joe Bark 14ft

Created by Towny > 9 months ago, 8 Mar 2011
Towny
NSW, 903 posts
8 Mar 2011 7:41AM
Thumbs Up

Any one paddled Joe Barks 14ft expedition, Just after thoughts on it as a downwinder..Thanks

DavidJohn
VIC, 16523 posts
8 Mar 2011 8:53AM
Thumbs Up

I've used one on a DW run and it will do a down-winder ok (but them any board will) but doesn't come close to the DW performance of the 14' Naish Glide and the 14' Starboard SurfRace.

DJ

Towny
NSW, 903 posts
8 Mar 2011 9:20AM
Thumbs Up

I got a mate that works in a shop that stocks Surftech that is why i've asked about the Bark as that looks the best of Surftech's range

Anyone tried any of the Surftech range on a DownWinder your input would be appreciated..

surfanimal
NSW, 1607 posts
8 Mar 2011 10:19AM
Thumbs Up

It's more an explorer than a DW board. Would do a lite DW ok bit not a serious ocean run.

I have one and love it but wouldn't consider it for a DW, only a river run or coastrunner.

Get yourself a DC, Naish or similar if you really want to DW seriously but the Bark will lite wind run ok in bays etc.

Farquo
NSW, 108 posts
11 Mar 2011 1:30PM
Thumbs Up

Towny, I have had one of these for 12 months now and I love it. I use it mainly on the flat wathave done a few 30knot flat water down winders and it goes well. I have done a few offshore as well but it does dive in the nose a little in swell.
If your in Sydney PM me and you can take it for a spin on the flat water if you like.
Cheers

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Surftech's Joe Bark 14ft" started by Towny