Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

The new 2018 NSP DC surfX 9 foot'a

Created by JonesySUP > 9 months ago, 8 Sep 2017
JonesySUP
QLD, 872 posts
8 Sep 2017 9:18PM
Thumbs Up

If I could only have one board this would be it. I loved the old school feel with that teardrop shape but when you needed to put your foot down it could go on rail with ease. Its perfectly balanced when stepping onto the nose. This new 2018 9' x 27' will be a real game changer.

Langers
VIC, 75 posts
8 Sep 2017 9:34PM
Thumbs Up

Looks great . Love to see it .

1fox
184 posts
9 Sep 2017 9:21AM
Thumbs Up

Nice!!!
What's the volume?

JonesySUP
QLD, 872 posts
9 Sep 2017 9:00PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
1fox said..
Nice!!!
What's the volume?

anchorpoint
190 posts
10 Sep 2017 6:43AM
Thumbs Up

classy pics!

how do you compare it to the fanatic style 9' jonesy? i know diff?rent shapes but witch one is more radical you would say ?

JonesySUP
QLD, 872 posts
12 Sep 2017 7:03PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
anchorpoint said..
classy pics!

how do you compare it to the fanatic style 9' jonesy? i know diff?rent shapes but witch one is more radical you would say ?

Hey AP, thats a tricky question as I'm hooked up with NSP but I'm going to be as honest as possible.
The Fanatic Style master 9' is a very good board and does everything you what it to do. I can not fault it and enjoyed surfing it. Its your meat and two veg board. The new NSP SurfX 9' isn't.. its more like a hot vindaloo with a side dish of mango pickles. It feels normally normal when your padding around and surfing it from the centre but as you step back it has this sweet retro feel and that teardrop tail grabs beautifully in large waves or if it gets a bit suckie. It nose rides like a 9 foot'a should and feels pretty much the same as the FSM..
Both boards are 10/10 but if your after something that has an Xfactor the new NSP is definitely worth a demo. Big Cheers Jonesy

supthecreek
2583 posts
12 Sep 2017 7:04PM
Thumbs Up

Ripping that board Jonesy!

ChuckSteak
QLD, 83 posts
13 Sep 2017 8:57AM
Thumbs Up

'its more like a hot vindaloo with a side dish of mango pickles' Ba ha ha ha best description for a board I've ever read...!!! Classic

goggo
NSW, 355 posts
13 Sep 2017 9:55PM
Thumbs Up

One board quiver?

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"The new 2018 NSP DC surfX 9 foot'a" started by JonesySUP