Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

ULI Wiki Rail

Created by oldsup > 9 months ago, 7 Dec 2012
oldsup
QLD, 87 posts
7 Dec 2012 4:36PM
Thumbs Up

We have had a 12'6" ULI inflatable for nearly one year now and love it. The board is stable stiff and glides very well . When given the chance to have a new 12'6" with the new Wiki rail we jumped at the chance.
There is a pronounced difference in stiffness with the Wiki board which has two skins and is a far bit heavier .
The new board glides much better and handles chop and boat wash as well as our Fanatic Carbon 14'.
On average we find the Wiki board about 1kph faster than the old board and under 1kph slower than the Fanatic Carbon 14' which really surprised us as we had thought the carbon board would be much quicker.
I believe the Wiki rail was designed to improve surfing performance but I can vouch that it improved flat water speed as well.
Never see much on inflatables on the forums so I thought I would share our findings
Cheers
John and Glenys

oldsup
QLD, 87 posts
7 Dec 2012 5:50PM
Thumbs Up

Just woke up on how to download photos
The wiki rail flattens the last section of the board giving better release
Board is very flat as well compared to other inflatables we have seen.
Hope to get some better photos now I know how
Cheers

towball
4627 posts
15 Dec 2012 7:18AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Oldsup have you tried them in the surf

oldsup
QLD, 87 posts
17 Dec 2012 6:49AM
Thumbs Up

Hi Towball
We only have very small waves here so we do not surf in the conventional sense however the wiki rail ULI catches these small waves as good as our hard boards so I can only imagine it would surf bigger waves just as well.
Cheers
John

HumanCartoon
VIC, 2098 posts
17 Dec 2012 1:50PM
Thumbs Up

oldsup said...
Hi Towball
We only have very small waves here so we do not surf in the conventional sense however the wiki rail ULI catches these small waves as good as our hard boards so I can only imagine it would surf bigger waves just as well.
Cheers
John

Hey John, are these wiki rail versions readily available in OZ yet? They're still not showing on uliboards.com.au

oldsup
QLD, 87 posts
18 Dec 2012 5:38PM
Thumbs Up

Hi human cartoon
I am not sure maybe the ULI oz guys can respond if they are looking
Cheers

ULI Boards
VIC, 23 posts
18 Dec 2012 7:52PM
Thumbs Up

Firstly Oldsup, thanks for the positive feed back, we have now been testing the Wiki Rail now for a few months and wow what a difference in surf and certainly a noticeable difference on flat water.
HumanCartoon, we have a few Wiki Rail demo boards if you are around our neck of the woods Melbourne more than happy for you to try one.

Anyone else wanting to demo an ULI please feel free to contact us.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"ULI Wiki Rail" started by oldsup