Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Wanted - 14x29 NSP coco carbon

Created by Husat > 9 months ago, 3 Apr 2016
Husat
QLD, 43 posts
3 Apr 2016 10:07AM
Thumbs Up

Anyone (in Australia, preferably Queensland) got an NSP coco carbon 14 x 29 they want to get rid of? Is this even a legal post for this forum?

darbs
QLD, 42 posts
3 Apr 2016 1:55PM
Thumbs Up

Husat, There was one on Gumtree a few weeks ago in Yeppoon, it was owned by the Sup shop owner in Yeppoon just forgot the name of his shop. See if it's still there he wanted $900 for it which seemed reasonable.

Husat
QLD, 43 posts
3 Apr 2016 3:06PM
Thumbs Up

Yep saw that one, thanks darbs. It had the pointy tail on it, I think they're called a surf race? I was after an "ocean race", the one with the squared-off tail.

Scott79
QLD, 209 posts
3 Apr 2016 8:28PM
Thumbs Up

No help in finding one, but this is a link to the one you are chasing:

www.seabreeze.com.au/forums/Stand-Up-Paddle/SUP/New-DCNSP-sneak-peak/

Scott.

grumpycat
QLD, 21 posts
4 Apr 2016 4:46AM
Thumbs Up

I have one. Great boards. Would part with it. I live on the gold coast.0422171265

Todzilla
189 posts
5 Apr 2016 8:09AM
Thumbs Up

Pretty sure there was one of these at Jamieson Park Paddle in Sydney on the demo fleet - not sure if it's still around but if it is i'd bet it's for sale…

Give them a call and see…:www.jamiesonparkpaddle.com.au

Husat
QLD, 43 posts
7 Apr 2016 5:24PM
Thumbs Up

To all who replied/read this, thanks, might have scored one, hope to pick it up on the weekend! Now if anyone has any hens teeth I reckon they'd be easier to find... Does that mean they're good boards that nobody wants to part with?

HumanCartoon
VIC, 2098 posts
7 Apr 2016 8:56PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
Husat said..
To all who replied/read this, thanks, might have scored one, hope to pick it up on the weekend! Now if anyone has any hens teeth I reckon they'd be easier to find... Does that mean they're good boards that nobody wants to part with?

I sold mine within an hour of listing it, new owner loves it. Yep, they're good.

Husat
QLD, 43 posts
7 Apr 2016 9:25PM
Thumbs Up

I know mate, missed it by minutes... :-)

dingfix
84 posts
8 Apr 2016 3:53AM
Thumbs Up

In a word - yes! Had a 12'6 coco for a couple of years now. Paddles great, tough, light. Its a keeper !

robon
114 posts
13 Dec 2016 12:34AM
Thumbs Up

I wanted the 14 x 29' coco carbon sight unseen a couple years ago, but couldn't find one in North America, but now a new one has popped up at a shop in the States at a significantly reduced price. On the fence if I should jump on it. It seems that more than one company are now producing boards of this shape, or have gone back to similar shapes such as this. Does this shape still stack up? The 14 x 29 coco carbon was very well reviewed and one of the things that drew me to it was the shape/function and the weight vs durability of the coco carbon. I believe the 14 x 29 CC came it at 29 pounds at 293 litres. My 14 x 29" Glide is getting a bit beat up, and is about 36 pounds, so this could be a good replacement as a distance tourer that I can downwind on. Anyone out there still have their 14 x 29 CC? Still liking it?

www.gorgeperformance.com/nsp-dc-ocean-race-coco-mat-14-x-29-2014

dingfix
84 posts
13 Dec 2016 4:17AM
Thumbs Up

If it helps, I have the 12'6 x 29 coco. I use it for cruising and in small surf. tough, light, a pleasure to paddle. Also have the 14 x 29 in carbon. again a great board to paddle. Both are keepers, push the button, you wont regret it.

Husat
QLD, 43 posts
13 Dec 2016 9:01PM
Thumbs Up

When I posted this originally I ended up with a second-hand 14x29 cocomat. I set PB's on it in flatwater time trials against 27.25" and 26" boards. I've learnt to downwind on it. I've learnt to surf on it! It's tough too, and light for it's size. I have 3 other boards and I don't know why, the cocomat is the only one I use. The opportunity came along to buy a brand new version of the same thing - now I have two of them.

robon
114 posts
14 Dec 2016 11:03AM
Thumbs Up

Thanks for the feedback guys. Reviews are still really positive, which is cool. Unfortunately it would cost 525.00 Canadian+ to ship the board from Oregon to the Idaho Panhandle, which isn't that far. I had a board shipped from California to the same location last year for less than half that amount, so it's either pass or take a long road trip. Might be a possibility in the future.

baddog
256 posts
15 Dec 2016 12:20AM
Thumbs Up

That's shipping cost is ridiculous for a few hundred miles. It must be like an "Ice Road Truckers" episode getting to your neck of the woods.

robon
114 posts
15 Dec 2016 2:35AM
Thumbs Up

I would be coming from Canada to Idaho to pick up the board, and have had boards shipped to the same location before for much less. 400+ American is getting silly for shipping, and our dollar is still in the toilet, so it would come to over 500 CDN. It's somewhat remote at the top of the Idaho Panhandle, but the driving really isn't that bad, and it's not that far from Oregon. It's the carrier they use, and I could try to arrange something else I guess, but a pain in my ass. I've been interested in this board for a long time now. If I visit some relatives and friends in Vancouver over the next little while, it could be a worth while road trip to Oregon. There are a couple of used Starboard Ace GT 17'4" boards in the general area that I'm interested in too, so I would probably come away a happy camper on a road trip.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Wanted - 14x29 NSP coco carbon" started by Husat