Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

Where is the 2013 ULI boards

Created by oldsup > 9 months ago, 16 Aug 2012
oldsup
QLD, 87 posts
16 Aug 2012 9:13PM
Thumbs Up

Everyone is showing their new season boards.
I want an upgrade to my favourite board 12'6" ULI
Come on guys inflatables are now accepted as a real alternative yours are the best
Show us your wares

BennoMtB
VIC, 8 posts
18 Aug 2012 10:04AM
Thumbs Up

I'm interested in getting an inflatable SUP the ULIs look good which ones have you tried/owned? Have you tried a 3 piece paddle and how do you rate it?

oldsup
QLD, 87 posts
18 Aug 2012 11:10AM
Thumbs Up

BennoMtB said...

I'm interested in getting an inflatable SUP the ULIs look good which ones have you tried/owned? Have you tried a 3 piece paddle and how do you rate it?

Hi BennoMtB
We have two inflatables a C4 waterman 10'6" and a Uli 12'6"
We do mainly flat water crusing and small wave surfing and some wake surfing.
The Uli is far more usefull way better glide catches small waves easily and just feels better to use. We are waiting for the new boards to come out as we want another Uli to stop the fights as to who gets the Uli.
We dont have a Uli paddle but a waterman three piece paddle which we only use if transport space is at a premium a one piece carbon paddle is far better to use
Hope this helps

BennoMtB
VIC, 8 posts
19 Aug 2012 10:14PM
Thumbs Up

Thanks Oldsup! Will you get another 12'6" ULI or a different model?

oldsup
QLD, 87 posts
20 Aug 2012 10:41AM
Thumbs Up

Hi BennoMtb
Eather a 12'6" or a 14' depending on what the new models look like
Cheers

HumanCartoon
VIC, 2098 posts
20 Aug 2012 1:29PM
Thumbs Up

Anybody got any detail on the "wiki" rail? When I go looking for it on uliboards.com I keep getting flicked back to the OZ Uli site that doesn't have any detail/pics of it (presumably because I have an OZ IP address).

oldsup
QLD, 87 posts
20 Aug 2012 3:47PM
Thumbs Up

HumanCartoon said...

Anybody got any detail on the "wiki" rail? When I go looking for it on uliboards.com I keep getting flicked back to the OZ Uli site that doesn't have any detail/pics of it (presumably because I have an OZ IP address).

There is a video on supzone in one of the inflatable threads that shows the rails for a breif second
cant remember which thread sorry

ULI Boards
VIC, 23 posts
21 Aug 2012 11:07PM
Thumbs Up

Hi Guys

Our apologies as we need to be more active on seabreeze. We do monitor it from time to time.

The 'wiki' rail has only recently been released in the U.S. and we won't see it on Oz until early next year. We haven't seen one in the flesh ourselves but are awaiting a couple of demo's which should arrive around Sept/Oct. By all reports including from well renowned surfers the 'wiki' rail makes the board perform as well as any hardboard. The improvement in glide and stability is unparalleled. Essentially, it reduces drag, turbulence and suction inherent in other inflatables.

We've only recently built the Oz website meaning anyone from Oz and Asia Pacific automatically gets re-directed to our site.

We currently have only one 12'6" left in stock as well as one 14". They are both single skins - the new versions will only be offered in double skins. We have a lot of 11' Steamrollers in stock. Furthermore we currently have a 20% discount offer which translates to $300 plus saving on all boards. Also 10% on accessories.

For the record the U.S. are offering the "wiki" as an option whereas we are intending to make it standard on all boards offered in Aus (current stock aside) without increasing current RRP.

For those of you in Vic we are based in Vic and have a factory in Tullamarine and are often around Port Phillip Bay. Stay tuned as we are also on the cusp of starting an all inflatable SUP school.

Thanks for expressing interest in our product and for your kind posts.

Cheers
Fab

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"Where is the 2013 ULI boards" started by oldsup