Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

naish mana 10' vs 9'6''

Created by Dick Tatta > 9 months ago, 27 Jan 2018
Dick Tatta
NSW, 341 posts
27 Jan 2018 4:14PM
Thumbs Up

has anyone ridden both 10' and 9'6' manas is there any discernible difference??? Is there any difference in bamboo or GWT,seems there is only a kilo in weight between the two.Im 63 yrs old 98kgs 6' past riding big waves and struggling for balance.thx

MTsup
18 posts
27 Jan 2018 4:32PM
Thumbs Up

I have ridden both.
My first SUP was the Mana 10 previous version, which was perfect for beginning and for learning to catch waves, but the newer smaller Mana 9'5 GT is another story.
I absolutely like it since it is more more manoeuvrable, without compromising on stability and ease of catching waves.
On the other hand paddling longer distances is not enjoyable, but that shouldn't be the boards program.
The whole family rides it and we bring it along on the boat also.
After 3 years of service it still looks good. No particular signs. I applied after buying the railsavers.
Please consider that I am 1,9 m and weigh 108 Kg and usually ride windy crappy italian waves.

Tardy
4919 posts
27 Jan 2018 4:34PM
Thumbs Up

hey fitz .big diff...

i started on the 10 'mana .learnt a lot ..was a great board .and still is for heavy weights ...and is 33 wide ..great starter...

the 9,5 mana surf a lot better ...its 30 litre less..

... do you mean the GS. vs GT ...The GT and GTW is way stronger ..and lighter.

Dick Tatta
NSW, 341 posts
28 Jan 2018 6:18PM
Thumbs Up

Hey thanks tardy,yeah that's exactly what I meant.Old age creeping up.

Tardy
4919 posts
28 Jan 2018 4:20PM
Thumbs Up

Hey fitz .I have a couple of mates who are 70 and another who is 105 kgs ..43
i have given them both goes on my 9,5 before i sold it and moved to the 8,5
but they say they still prefer the 10 ...
basically they just have a better time on the 10 mana ...they still go ok on it to .
my 70 yr old mate uses his for a bit of flat water as well ...
if your not into hard core surfing the 10 mana will do the job .its easy .anyone can ride this board .
the 9,5 is rated for a max rider of 95 kg ...but you could do it .....try and get on one ...
get the GT if you can afford it ,it is so much nicer to carry and the gloss is nice .

THE 10 mana changed my live .

Dick Tatta
NSW, 341 posts
29 Jan 2018 10:43AM
Thumbs Up

Tardy,thanks really appreciate the time you put in to give advice.I have a naish 14' glide,best board ever,training,cruisingand riding ankle slappers.Ive got a 5 yr old 10' mana which I luv,brought cheap Gold Coast boards had nothing but trouble.the old mana with a change of fins out surfs and out lasts any of the cheaper boards.Im being tight,thanks to your advice will get the gt in 10',it will be used as a primary surf,just wasn't sure about the 9'5".The older I get the smaller the waves and wider the boards,nothing these days over 6' but prefer 4' waves.thanks again for your imput

Tardy
4919 posts
29 Jan 2018 8:02AM
Thumbs Up

Before you buy.Just have a go on the 9'5-i personally like this one.it does surf a bit better.if you are just surfing.if you can ride a glide.your ability is good.
I think these boys are just stubborn .

sorry mate I thought you where just a beginner .grab one and try it ..it's pretty stable at 32 .
you might also like the 9.6 x32 .@170 litres .it out surf both in my opinion .
here a pic of the 9.5 mana GS right .,not mine .and a 9.6 x32 hokua which is rated for a 109 kg dude .

10 mana ,traveled some miles with that board .

have a good time what ever you choose fitz.

Dick Tatta
NSW, 341 posts
31 Jan 2018 2:38PM
Thumbs Up

Nah mate just a mug surfer,trying to find out what board to buy before I blow big bucks.I kinda like the 10',suits my old age,but wasn't sure about the length difference and width.I tried talking to the missus about the length and width difference and all I got was smart arse answers.Rang ocean addicts in Queensland they have some pretty good deals,live in Lennox head (yeah where the big sharks are) so no where really to try.Thats why I appreciate the time and advice given by guys like you.thanks again Tardy for the help let you know how I get on. Cheers

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"naish mana 10' vs 9'6''" started by Dick Tatta