Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

new board decision - Naish Glide vs Sunny king Pro

Created by PJAW > 9 months ago, 21 Jul 2015
PJAW
2 posts
21 Jul 2015 7:10PM
Thumbs Up

Hi hoping for any advice on deciding on a new board. I'm new to the SUP world, having only previosuly messed around with a friends board on flat water. I do surf a lot though so hopefully it will help me pick up the sport quicker. I'm looking at doing downwind rides and touring. If I'm hooked I may even look at racing.

There are two boards I am trying to decide between. I'm 6'1 and 83Kg.

- Naish Glide GS 14'/29
- Sunny King Pro 14'/29

The Sunny Kind is cheaper but if the Naish was better I'd pay the extra cash. I's like not to have to upgrade my board after 6 months.
Perhaps there is not much to say but would like to know if anyone has any useful comments.

Thanks,

pw

DavidJohn
VIC, 17408 posts
21 Jul 2015 10:35PM
Thumbs Up

I think you will find the Naish a better board for downwinding.. but the Sunny King might shine more on the flatter water..

Very different boards.. Can you demo them both first?

PJAW
2 posts
21 Jul 2015 8:51PM
Thumbs Up

I've recently moved up to NQ for work. Part of the reason that I want to find another water sport (no surf up here). Unfortunately there not much available to test up here.

I'm mainly looking at going offshore. With time would like to do some downwind stuff from a nearby island back to mainland. Get pretty sloppy conditions up here in the wind as the bay is fairly shallow. You think the Naish would suit that better?

DavidJohn
VIC, 17408 posts
22 Jul 2015 1:07AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
PJAW said..
I've recently moved up to NQ for work. Part of the reason that I want to find another water sport (no surf up here). Unfortunately there not much available to test up here.

I'm mainly looking at going offshore. With time would like to do some downwind stuff from a nearby island back to mainland. Get pretty sloppy conditions up here in the wind as the bay is fairly shallow. You think the Naish would suit that better?

Yes.. for sure.. the 29'' wide 14' Glide is the best board for paddling offshore and sloppy conditions IMO.. It's an awesome board.

kikaha
QLD, 72 posts
22 Jul 2015 5:12PM
Thumbs Up

+1 on that, I have a 2015 14x29 Glide, stable solid and fun to downwind.

ps great in choppy messy stuff too.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"new board decision - Naish Glide vs Sunny king Pro" started by PJAW