Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

simon anderson 11/0 round tail

Created by bournda > 9 months ago, 10 Dec 2009
bournda
NSW, 88 posts
10 Dec 2009 7:54AM
Thumbs Up

rode the new simon ando 11 ft in 1 to 2 foot waves at merimbula bar . paddles well ,stable and caught waves easy ! once
on a wave it was fast and turned really well considering size of board n waves ! it would be a good allrounder in the quiver ,first board or someone wanting to step down from a big sup ! added bonus simons new logo s look epic !!!! dimentions 11 x 30 x4.5 . fins x3 . 2x small 1x large nose pulled in a touch tail round . board finished n looks great . cheers steve .

cRAZY Canuk
NSW, 2525 posts
10 Dec 2009 6:42PM
Thumbs Up

Funny - logo reminded me of the Naish one.

The SA SUP(s) are for Demo at the Simon Anderson Shop in Manly. Noticed that one was hanging out side with a big red SUP Demo sign on it this morning on my way to work, think it was an 11' board.

SupCulture
NSW, 33 posts
15 Dec 2009 12:06AM
Thumbs Up

There's also a 10-0 SA in Wicks at Collaroy and the logo is derived from the Anderson Clan family Emblem and moto 'Stand Sure' albeit with a Oz twist

SupCulture
NSW, 33 posts
15 Dec 2009 12:14AM
Thumbs Up

And for those interested a bit more detail from the man himself:

The Water Buffalo 11’ x 30” x 4 3/8” Round Tail
6 ½” nose rocker and 4” tail rocker flat bottom to double concave vee, single fin at 8 ½ up and side fins at 15” up from the tail. The Water Buffalo is my personal all round board and recommended for surfers 85 – 110 kilos in waves 1 – 5 feet. It has enough bulk to be a good still water paddler plus is stable in the surf while waiting around for waves and will catch waves smoothly when they arrive. For an 11’ board she performs well on the wave face with feel good cutbacks and power bottom turns.

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle   Board Talk & Reviews

"simon anderson 11/0 round tail" started by bournda