Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

2020 Fanatic Stylemaster

Created by frosty1962 > 9 months ago, 18 May 2020
frosty1962
SA, 35 posts
18 May 2020 5:37PM
Thumbs Up

Disappointed with the quality of the new Stylemaster,haven't had it long and found 2 fair size dents where I stand and I'm a light weight.Have had 4 prowaves and various other brand SUPs with no issues,the style master is pretty flimsy,dents and scuffs easily.Was considering buying a new Prowave but this has put me off.You would think for the price the quality would be right up there but looks like it's gone out the window.Have contacted Fanatic and Ocean Addicts with no reply as yet.Has anyone else had the same issue?

Souwester
WA, 1255 posts
18 May 2020 4:33PM
Thumbs Up

Sad to hear Frosty, nothing worse then the new board stoke disappearing early on, regardless of the scenario.

Tractorguy
TAS, 542 posts
20 May 2020 9:02AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
frosty1962 said..
Disappointed with the quality of the new Stylemaster,haven't had it long and found 2 fair size dents where I stand and I'm a light weight.Have had 4 prowaves and various other brand SUPs with no issues,the style master is pretty flimsy,dents and scuffs easily.Was considering buying a new Prowave but this has put me off.You would think for the price the quality would be right up there but looks like it's gone out the window.Have contacted Fanatic and Ocean Addicts with no reply as yet.Has anyone else had the same issue?

I have the 8 10 Stubby , surfs unreal , the steeper the better. but is poorly constructed as well. chips and scuffs easily not durable at all. After first 2 hours on it had foot wells developing. Now after 6 months looks like 10 - 15 mm channels. I have 2 other brand boards i have surfed for 12 years, and less than 5mm channels. I have spoke with Fanatic and basically told that the construction is what it is.

Rossall
WA, 690 posts
20 May 2020 5:55PM
Thumbs Up

Any photo,s guys.

OceanAddicts
QLD, 355 posts
Site Sponsor
21 May 2020 10:04AM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
frosty1962 said..

Hi Frosty,

Sorry for the delay on getting a response back to you. As you know we submitted a claim and we are waiting a response from Fanatic.

With any kind of warranty claim there is a chain procedure between the customer, the store, the supplier and lastly the factory.

Unfortunatly sometimes it takes a short while to get things resolved.

Fanatic have a strong history of making quality products and standing by their products, so all should be sweet ;)

Hang tight bro,

Luke

Ps, I have followed it up again for you this morning and hope to a response to you shortly.

Souwester
WA, 1255 posts
21 May 2020 8:29AM
Thumbs Up

Appreciate the reply to the thread Luke.

MDL
VIC, 3 posts
23 May 2020 5:07PM
Thumbs Up

I have bought plenty of gear from Luke at Ocean Addicts on trips to Qld and when I've had a warranty claim he's been unbelievably responsive at getting the issue sorted, including one from fanatic/duotone.

Tractorguy
TAS, 542 posts
23 May 2020 7:36PM
Thumbs Up

Select to expand quote
MDL said..
I have bought plenty of gear from Luke at Ocean Addicts on trips to Qld and when I've had a warranty claim he's been unbelievably responsive at getting the issue sorted, including one from fanatic/duotone.

Initial topic is not about Luke, it's about fanatic board quality.

Chris_M
2128 posts
23 May 2020 6:53PM
Thumbs Up

What a bummer. Like yourself I have had a couple of fanatics for about 7 or 8 years and thrashed them and they are still going stong. Hopefully they come to the party

MDL
VIC, 3 posts
24 May 2020 11:50AM
Thumbs Up

@tractor - In my experience it's how retailers handle warranty claims that generally dictates whether the manufacturer will accept the claim. Maybe you've been fortunate and haven't had to deal with too many warranty claims?

Subscribe

Forums > Stand Up Paddle General

"2020 Fanatic Stylemaster" started by frosty1962